View RSS Feed

title

*Sigh*

Rate this Entry
Okay, I really didn't know where to post this but I figure the best place to post a question about school work would be right here on my blog.

I need some help and I know I am going to sound like 'em people that just get on this site for help but cut me some slack, eh? I have been a member for some time.

Anyway, I need to find what REAL GENUINE philosophers, with a degree I guess, have to say about "allowing someone to die". While on it, you'll probably land on the issue of "assisted suicide",
mercy killing", and "mercy death".

I just want to find out what in the blue blazes philosopers have to say about these things. My professor has asked me to find some and input in my paper but I can't find a genuine site for the life of me! UGH!!!
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

We know you're not a lazy bum, Neo. Don't know what I can find, but I'll give it a look. I thought all real philosophers were long dead.
    long time since we talked neo, hope things are well for you
    Thanks, Qimi! I'll check out!

Tell me 'bout it, Steph. It's been crazy.
    umm neo, have you tried the library?
    http://caae.phil.cmu.edu/Cavalier/Fo...uthanasia.html
    try searching using the term Euthanasia..!
    hey by the way
    Hi Neo, I don't know about your library for certain, but my library lets me have electronic access to all kinds of scientific or tech journals. I do a lot of reading on Market research there. Maybe give that a try... Good luck to you :)
    Ok, Neo, I'll cut you a break.

In Roman Catholicism, one of the roles of the Pope is to act as a sort of philosopher, of course intertwined with theology. And as it so happens, the current Pope (Benedict XVI) is an actual philosopher by training. Benedict has spoken and written on this very subject and I think would serve your purposes in many respects: (1) from an abstract philosophic perspective, (b) from someone given to provide guidence to real life circumstances, (c) from a theological view, and (d) from someone who is intertextualizing with several thousand years of tradition. Hope this helps.
    Sweet! Old friends comes back from the grave to help out another old friend that's in the grave.
    Also try your school library and ask for the reference librarian. They can be wicked helpful at finding good sources for you. They are like a personal shopper, shopping for your brain.