Conversation Between eyemaker and bazarov

24 Visitor Messages

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. thanks for dropping by baz..
    my research seems to have found its motion-finally. Still I'm having potential problems on setting the details and looking for substantial data to support certain parts.. I will give you more updates in my next LitNet visit..hehe, i'm quite idle in visiting this forums these days..
  2. Happy Easter to you and your family, hope you have a nice one
    How is your project going?
  3. Happy Valentines Day baz!

4. Thanks eye
    I was here, answered on your topic and then was gone again
    I am now here, but please; if you need anything send me PM cause I see that in my email inbox so I will come immediately Hope your doing fine and your project is going as planned.

Thanks again and hope to hear you soon.
  5. happy belated birthday baz! baz, thank you for being there to help in my studies regarding Russian Literature specifically of Dostoevsky's fictions. I really hope you'll be able to come back soon for I can see, you're quite absent for a while. anyways, Happy birthday dear friend.
  6. About title? I don't know, I hate those stuff! Trying to create something smart instead of simple...
    Comparing with Tolstoy doesn't have to result with something good; in my opinion. Dostoevsky based his works on individuals, and Tolstoy based it more on society with brilliant description of some individuals and how society impacts on them and their actions.
    I would go for biography-work combination because of so much already known relations and also because his characterizations are much better then Tolstoy's, so it would maybe look to easy or simple. But that's just my opinion; again.

You're welcome!
  7. so what would you suggest to be a good title baz? All of your assessments in Dostoevsky's works are quite the same of what exactly I am thinking. perhaps I can focus on the psychological penetration towards his characters and juxtapose it to what his biographies tell. Or can I compare his works to Tolstoy's prose? Oh baz, I will treasure your help!

Thanks
  8. so what would you suggest to be a good title baz? All of your assessments in Dostoevsky's works are quite the same of what exactly I am thinking. perhaps I can focus on the psychological penetration towards his characters and juxtapose it to what his biographies tell. Or can I compare his works to Tolstoy's prose? Oh baz, I will treasure your help!

Thanks
  9. Hey!

That's great topic! You can write a lot about that. For example - The House of the Dead is about his life in Siberia, Idiot is pretty much about his life in Switzerland (it was book of the month last September or December, I added some biographical facts there; check it if you like), The Gambler is his personal experience from time when he had major problems with penniless because of gambling (obviously ), The Possessed is about his political beliefs and ideas toward communism and nihilsm, TBK is his major work concerning his great Christianism and belief in God in older days of his life (and much more), Crime and Punishment is about ''great men'' (ubermensch is term in philosophy) with Christian salvation at the end...and so on
    ''Manifestation of life happenings on works of Dostoevsky'' or something like that...

Feel free to ask me anything, I'll be glad to help.
    Except one thing - from Monday 6th July till 16th August(or something like that) I am on vacation and I am without internet there Hope that's not very disturbing!

See you soon;

Baz
  10. baz, here I am again in your page! Hiya there!
    uhmm, I know you're a Russian-Lit afficionado and I guess I'll be needing your help this up-coming months..I guess I will focus my research/thesis in the biographical approach of Dostoevsky's works though I still don't know what exactly to name my research. Do you think It's a nice topic? Can you suggest some if you do have in your mind?

always,
    eye
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 24
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast