Conversation Between irinmisfit92 and Lokasenna

6 Visitor Messages

1. Thanks a lot I wish I could msn you so that it's easier to immediately talk to you and ask you some specific things. Basically my teacher who's very strict in marking said that me and my friends don't develop our ideas well, but we always link every analysis to theme and I don't know what else to talk about. It's always "Discuss the significance of ...." and we always get very low marks even though we've tried our best. Anyway I was asked this question about the characters being the heroes of the novel. How would you define hero?
  2. Well, I'm not sure I can offer much by the way of specific advice! But as a general rule, make sure you answer the questions they ask, not the ones you hoped they would ask - examiners can spot a deflected question a mile off. Pace yourself, and devote an equal amount of time to each essay. It is always a good idea to work in some contextual information, and to show some evidence of wider reading. Also, make sure to have a look at past papers - old questions have a habit of continually coming back. Most of all, remain calm and try to enjoy yourself - don't think of it as a test, but rather as a platform to demonstrate your skills from. Best of luck!
  3. Hey there How's you doing? I think you should totally be a translator! Anyway my literature A level is on Monday, do you mind giving me some tips to write a critical essay about a topic? D:
  4. Thanks. Gawd seriously it's been so boring around here. This country's small and I don't have that many friends, and almost all of us have exams very soon so it sucks. Very few are close to me and they're usually reluctant to study in Starbucks or libraries with me. Argh.
  5. Welcome to the forum! Your post have been very interesting!
  6. Hey there Thanks for commenting on my posts!
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 6 of 6