Conversation Between Gladys and Virgil

35 Visitor Messages

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Hi Gladys, how have you been?
  2. If you do read Kim eventually, drop by the thread and post some comments. I'm way behind. I only a third of the way through the book and the month is over. I will not join the next few months book club reads to catch up with Kim and then I wish to read Austen's Persuasion. You must really be disecting Ghosts.
  3. Thanks for the tips, Virgil. 'Private Messages' have been a black box for a months. By the way, I did acquire 'Kim' but was too busy to start. Ibsen's 'Ghosts' has made sense after the fourth of fifth read!
  4. Hi Gladys. Just stopping by. Hey I notice you post in your own profile. The way these profile pages work is that I post in yours (and you recieve a notification that someone has posted) and you reply in mine (and I get a notification). It's easy to go to mine; just click my avatar and you will be transported. Also if you wish to see the back and forth conversation with someone, just click the "View COnversation" link and you will sse both sdes. Hope that helps.
  5. To The Light House was a book forum read one month. You might want to search out the thread. If you can't find it, let me know, I'll get it for you.
  6. Kipling's 'Kim' does sound interesting. I'm currently struggling with 'To the Lighthouse' by Virginia Wolfe.
  7. What are you reading thse days Gladys? I think the book forum will select Kipling's Kim for February. It's another novel set in India and it explores several religions. You might consider joining.
  8. That is a fine play. I should read it again some day.
  9. Thanks for the New Year video gift. I've been reading Tennessee Williams and loved 'Streetcar'.
  10. Happy New Year Gladys. I leave you with a present: http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=eG3afAIi6IQ. Now I'm not sure I like the back beat they put to it, but the video is fabulous.
Showing Visitor Messages 21 to 30 of 35
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast