Conversation Between mona amon and ksotikoula

9 Visitor Messages

1. That'll be nice, Ksotikoula!
  2. Hi! I have a wuthering heights illustration too if you are interested .
  3. Hi! How have you been?

Thanks for the classics Illustrated version of JE. We used to read a lot of those when we were kids, but I was never able get my hands on Jane Eyre until you sent it to me!
  4. Hi Mona Amon! Good to hear from you! I had the misfortune of buying in English "the portrait of a lady" and could not go further than chapter 2. I decided to read it in a Greek translation. Still it was awfully worded, but I managed to finish it only because I wanted to see if there would be anything there to justify it as a classic (there wasn't) and because James was kind of severe to Charlotte Bronte and wanted to see his idea of a novel.

I am glad you liked Emma. Another author has continued the story in "Emma Brown". The reviews were not so favorable though. Who can fill Charlotte's shoes after all?
  5. Hi Ksotikoula! How are you? I just saw (and liked) your post on the Worst Classics thread. I didn't reply because I gave up reading Portrait of a Lady after about 10 chapters!

I think I never told you that I enjoyed reading Emma. What a pity Charlotte died so young. It would be great to have the whole, completed novel!
  6. Don't worry about being late! This is our hobby that we talk about and that shouldn't stress us. I found it in bronteana.blogspot.com. I can send it to you myself though, if you don't have time to search it there. I will need your e-mail for this (which you can send by a private message). Whatever you decide, please tell me your opinion about it once you read it. Have a nice day!
  7. Oops, sorry for not replying to your message, Ksotikoula! I think I'm not a very good friend! I'd love to read the fragment 'Emma'. How did you find it? I searched quite a bit but didn't succeed.
  8. Hi Mona! I noticed the similarities in our tastes that is why I befriended you. I also remember that I liked a post of yours but it is so long since I read it that I don't remember what it was about. Have you read the first 2 chapter's of Emma, the book that Charlotte Bronte began but never finished due to her death? It would be pretty good if she had written it. If you are interested I can send them to you through mail. Have a nice day!
  9. Hi ksotikoula!

Thanks for your friend request.

I see we have similar tastes- Jane Eyre and Villette are my favourite books too!
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 9 of 9