Conversation Between Joreads and qimissung

14 Visitor Messages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. I think you had a birthday recently. I hope it was a good one.
  2. Haven't seen you around lately. Did you get busy again?
  3. Hi yes I am back and yes I will be staying. It is really no excuse but I have been busy - good news I finally graduated Uni!!

What has been happening?
  4. Hey Joreads! You're back! For good? I hope all is well, and that life is good!

Qimissung
  5. Hey Jo, thanks for stopping by. Everything is fine here. I'm a teacher and it's spring break, so life is GOOD. On the other hand, it's spring break and I'm running around like crazy trying to get things done!

I did read "Twilight." It is very good. She is a good author. I think it's hard to sustain that kind of intense mood for as long as she did. I liked how the parents are in the dark, but the family friend is trying so hard to warn her. In the realm of the imagination, her boyfriend is a dream come true, but the reality is that she must die for their relationship to be able to have any continuity. It would be fun to pair this with "Tuck Everlasting" for a book club and an interesting discussion of life, mortality and our human dream of living ever longer.

Are the rest of her books good?And how are you?
  6. Hey it is been a while how are things
  7. Oh, the picture is adorable!!! Hey, I got "Twilight" today. I have another book to read for a book club, so it might be a week or two, but I'll let you know how it goes!
  8. Do pick the novels up and give them a try. Like I said before some people have had a really strong reaction to them so maybe just start with the first one and see how you go. I have started a new vampire series called Vampire Academy and I love them. I have read the first two and am planning on starting the third one tonight. There is a 4th due out later this year and a 5th next year and I can hardly wait. Please let me know what you think of the books it will be great to hear what you think even if you do not like them.

The dark thing I am ok when I am inside it is outside that bothers me. I have no idea why maybe I was frightened when I was a child who knows. If I give myself a good talking to I am usually OK. I am not fond of heights but they do not worry me that much, my mum on the other hand is really bad with them.
  9. Thank you for the friendship request. O.K. I'm going to get alhold of a copy of it, then. I have heard several times that they're quite good. I'll let you know.

I couldn't help noticing your discussion with limajean. I have one word for you-nightlights. I personally am afraid of heights, as in those massive flyways on freeways that seem to go about five miles up before they start coming down. I simply avoid them. And as for darkness, one can always trip, so a small light is useful and necessary! I have read that the only way to get over an "unreasonable" fear is to have contact with it in small, manageable doses until it recedes. For me personally, avoidance is a good thing.!

O-o-o-h! And I adore rain! There is nothing like the sound of rain on the roof when one is lying in bed,-or at any other time, for that matter!
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 14
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast