Conversation Between kasie and Patrick_Bateman

5 Visitor Messages

1. OMG!!!!!!!! Not only do I love Tchaikovsky, but I would love to be able to go to St Petersburg. I hope you have a marvellous time. I, myself have never seen a ballet before but Swan Lake and The Nutcracker would be top of my list, with Romeo and Juliet on there as well.
    I have never - knowingly - been to Wales. I almost went to see Tosca in London (English National Opera) beautiful venue but my girlfriend at the time went home to Spain 2 days before the only date I could get decent tickets.
    Now that I've quit my job and gone back into full time education I think these 3 Bristol Operas will be my last for a while.
  2. Sorry, Patrick, I didn't see your reply in the main Forum until later! I'm a Friend of WNO so I'm always glad to hear of people supporting them. Have you ever got over to Cardiff, the new Millennium Centre (NOT the Sports Stadium!)? - it's a magnificent venue, WNO sometimes do big productions there that they don't/can't take out on tour. I saw Queen of Spades there last year and Meistersingers von Nuremburg last June - both amazing.

I'm changing art form next week however - I'm going to see Swan Lake danced by the Mariinsky company in St Petersburg. They are the old Kirov ballet co - the Bolshoi's big rivals. I've never seen a live ballet on stage before, lots of operas but never a ballet. I nearly bit their hand off when the tour company wrote with the offer of a ticket! I shall be in St Petersburg for a week, seeing the palaces and galleries, my first trip to Russia leaving Thursday. I'm getting really excited now!
  3. Bristol, pour moi.
  4. Hi, Patrick
    Swansea Grand - my 'local' - where are you seeing it? It's a new opera for me, can't say I know anything from it, except the overture.
  5. Greetings mademoiselle!
    Where are you seeing Fidelio then?
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 5 of 5