Conversation Between PeterL and Beautifull

419 Visitor Messages

1. I have just learned how true that is.

I guess with this issue, neither can win. You can analyse to comprehend a part you don't understand, but then, if you don't understand at all, how can you begin to analyze. I guess they go hand in hand.
  2. I get back later about the story. When one actually writes instead of thinking about writing, things go quickly.
  3. Yon can't understand anything without analyzing it, but you can analyze something that you do not completely understand. I am amazed that anyone would turn that backwards. How can one fully understand something that has not been analyzed?
  4. good. I don't like dead kitties.

there was nothing to gain previously, but that didn't stop you.

but you can not ananlyze if you don't understand...analysis is surely more thorogh that understanding because you take apart and undestand pieces so that you can draw out the essential elements. There's no point in analyzing if you don't understand it. Analyzing is the next step after understanding.
  5. http://online-literature.com/forums/blog.php?b=10833

Here is my first finished story.
  6. I suspected that the kitty was actually sleeping.

No, I chose not to contend, because there was nothing to gain.

Yes, they are different. Who suggested that they meant the same thing? I know that I didn't. I did say that understanding was more thorough than analysis, and that while analusis can lead t understanding, understanding does not lead to analysis. But you surely take that amiss.
  7. He's not dead! He's sleeping.

Maybe because you know I'll get you to see the dispute?

And they are diffrent. Understanding is to be familiar with, Analyzing is taking apart and find the essential elements. Thanks for helping me point that out. There's difference.
  8. The dead kitties are different.
  9. Nolo contendere is a legal term that comes from the Latin for "I do not wish to contend."
  10. an·a·lyze
       /ˈænlˌaɪz/ Show Spelled[an-l-ahyz] Show IPA
    –verb (used with object), -lyzed, -lyz·ing.
    1. to separate (a material or abstract entity) into constituent parts or elements; determine the elements or essential features of ( opposed to synthesize): to analyze an argument.
    2. to examine critically, so as to bring out the essential elements or give the essence of: to analyze a poem

un·der·stand
       /ˌʌndərˈstænd/ Show Spelled [uhn-der-stand] Show IPA verb, -stood, -stand·ing.
    –verb (used with object)
    1. to perceive the meaning of; grasp the idea of; comprehend: to understand spanish; I didn't understand your question.
    2. to be thoroughly familiar with; apprehend clearly the character, nature, or subtleties of: to understand a trade
Showing Visitor Messages 201 to 210 of 419