Conversation Between Petrarch's Love and Gilliatt Gurgle

12 Visitor Messages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. I suppose you're off conquering the world, but in case you happen to stop by, I'll serve up a happy birthday.
    I noticed your name on the front page list yesterday.
  2. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and wishing you a happy new year!

Gilliatt
  3. Well, nice to see you are back with the living. No worries, I understand being busy.
    Things are as well as could be expected living out of a hotel in Rockford.

I'm looking forward to a much longer visit home with the family at Thanksgiving.

Regards
    Gilliatt
  4. Hi Gilliat,

Sorry to have missed your messages! I've been incredibly busy with work and other stuff lately. Glad you enjoyed the Oak Park architecture tour. I actually haven't done that one yet, though I've been meaning to. Hope all is well with you.

L.
  5. Hello Petrarch,

You would appreciate this: I decided to spend a day in Oak Park touring Frank Lloyd Wright's first home and studio as well as several other of his commissions throughout the neighboring community, including Unity Temple.
    There was an added bonus. It turns out that Hemmingway's childhood home is located in the same area.

I will have a few photos and brief comments to share at some point, perhaps in the architecture thread.

Regards
    Gilliatt
  6. Sounds good, Gilliatt. Yes, this weekend definitely won't work, but perhaps another time. Best, L.
  7. Got your message.
    FYI, I just sent you a friend request, so keep an eye out for that.
    I typically have wednesdays and sundays off and I fly home every three weeks.
    There will be more opportunities, if not this sunday, since I am scheduled to be here through the end of the year.

Regards
    Gilliatt
  8. Hi Gilliatt--Love the Bean screen you've created on your homepage here. Tried to send you a PM, but, as you predicted, it came up with a message saying you weren't able to receive PMs. This is a mystery to me too. Maybe after we're official friends on here it will let us exchange messages?

As for your message, I'm definitely busy tomorrow. Sunday may be booked up too. I'll have to check to see if the conflicting plans I have are still on. If I find out they're not in the next couple of days, I would be happy to meet for lunch at the AI or something.

Cheers,

L.
  9. Sorry, I meant to spell out your full name, not just "P"
    Anyhow, have a nice evening.
  10. P
    Sounds like a plan.
    It's funny, but I have never tried the PM so I will test it out, so be patient if you find stray messages in odd places.

Gilliatt
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 12
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast