Conversation Between Dark Muse and bounty

8 Visitor Messages

1. Hey it is nice to hear from you again. I don't remember saying that The Bounty wasn't holding my interest but it was a long time ago so it is possible that I had trouble getting into it at first but I really enjoyed the book.
  2. dark muse! smiles...long time no see! I just wrote you a message somewhere, but I don't remember where and I cannot find it!
  3. dark muse---lolita's on the telly again this week
  4. Thank you for letting me know!
  5. dark muse, if you get the station, lolita is on turner classic movies. if i remember rightly, they usually run things more than once.
  6. Thank You!

I am so glad that I am not the only one. I keep hearing everyone rave about what a brilliant work of genius it is and how amazing the writing is, and what a masterpiece it is, and honestly I personally just don't see it.

I am generally a fan of unconventional first person narrators, and disturbing books, but to be quite frank Humbert as a narrator is actually a bit dull at times, and seems to just go on insignificant rambling tangents of which I find little interest in.

I am having trouble getting through the book because it just does not compel me to want to keep reading. It really does not hold my interest all that much.

No I have not read Belinda, but I think I might have a copy of it, but I am not certain if I do have that one
  7. hey dark muse---your lolita post---without too much self disclosure, i found lolita disappointing on a number of levels. have you ever read belinda by anne rampling/anne rice?
  8. Hey, haven't seen you around in a while, but I thought I would drop in and tell you I have started reading The Bounty Triligoy, I have only recently begun, so I am not that far into it yet. One of the things I do enjoy so far about the books though, is that I find them quite accessable. I have read some of Melvilles sea-related short fiction, and found it tedius and strenous to read, but I find Nordhoff and Norman Hall really quite easy. I was a little worried that the story might be too bogged down with technicual termenology, but they do a good job and balancing story, characters, along with a lot of the more technichal aspects of sailing.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 8 of 8