View RSS Feed

Most Popular Blogs

1. Scaling tall buildings

by , 12-28-2009 at 02:41 PM (Reflections on the puddle of life)
    Sigh. It’s back to work tomorrow for me. I don’t mind really, but I’m not in a rush to go either. You know how it is: once you’re there it’s fine, but the thought of going is pretty depressing. Still it’ll do me good. Having less free time always seems to make me make better use of it. Instead of sitting on my backside and watching TV I’ll be cycling and writing and sewing and learning Japanese. With only a few hours a night to do what I want, I still manage to pack it all in. Why is it that we ...

Updated 12-28-2009 at 02:46 PM by TheFifthElement

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Things Caused by Global Warming

This is kind of funny. Here we are in a brutal winter and there are people who claim that it's really so cold because of global warming. Whether the temperature goes up, it's caused by global warming; whether the temperature goes down, it's caused by global warming. And this cold isn't just local here. It's supposedly across the whole world. Of course it's hilarious to watch people rationalize every bowel movement the earth is a result of warming. Ah the poor polar bears have less ice to rest ...

Updated 01-11-2010 at 10:38 PM by Virgil

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. The Jewelers Fold

As I spoke to Lisa Marie(LM)the old guy walked away toward the bar ditch along the road. I didn't pay attention to where exactly he disappeared to, but after a few minutes I realized that he was gone. LM and I talked for a while, in vague generalities, about farming and art. When I commented on "Grandpa's" absence, LM told me that he may or may not be back. This was a little disconcerting to me, both her nonchalance and the prospect that the old guy she came with should just disappear. ...

Updated 06-22-2010 at 05:13 PM by hack

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Men Are More Evolved Than Women!

I knew it all along! Now there's scientific proof!!

Is it a surprise? Why are there more male geniuses in the world? Who has the larger brain? The bigger skeleton? The more muscular body? Who can run faster? Lift more? Why are men the alpha and women the beta? Sports, chess, being able to stand at a urinal. We are better in every way. And now there's proof!!! Check this out.

Men more evolved? Y chromosome study stirs debate
    By
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. pick an inspirational title for yourself

by , 01-18-2010 at 01:09 PM (Nostalgia)
    This probly isn't that momentous an occasion that it deserves a blog all for itself, but oh well. It made my morning.

I got up with plenty of time to do a little workout. I diddled around drinking my coffee, which is usually the highlight of my day until cocktail hour. Anyway, I started my workout a little later than I wanted, but I finished anyway. I bounced around the house between making my lunch, getting somewhat dressed and taking a power shower, thinking I would be hard ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized