View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Nitro Express

by , 04-30-2010 at 08:59 PM (the ocean always dreamed blue dreams)
    Anyway, in the great state of Texas last week we spent three days giving standardized tests, which meant that we spent a lot of time "monitoring" them. I did have enough time in the afternoons after they finished their tests to read and one of the things I read was George Orwell's essay, "Shooting an Elephant," which I loved, except for the actual part where he shoots the elephant, then had to decide if he needs to shoot it some more to get it to die, after which he finally leaves. ...

Updated 08-26-2012 at 02:16 AM by qimissung

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. short update

by , 04-30-2010 at 06:31 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    I promised I wouldnít wander off and Iím not, Iím only kind of wandering off a little bit. My Novel workís due in 5th May and Iíve got 2 essays on May 7th. Iím actually lazing around more than working but I am working on it. So blogging doesnít cross my mind much except for ĎI promised not to wander off for months on end again and itís been a while since I last blogged. I promised not to wander off until Iíd at least filled in the backdated events.í So this is just me saying Iím still here, Iím ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Forum Drama Upadte

Ok I have the latest news on the whole issue of my being cut from my position as Admin at The Poetry Forum I am a member of, and it is like an Internet Soap Opera. It also turns out that I was half-right which does vindicate me, even if it still sucks that I was removed, at least now I understand what is what.

The forum is co-owned by a former couple (they are now no longer together, which is part of the problem) and so the male half sent me an IM so he could talk to me in private

Updated 04-30-2010 at 05:00 PM by Dark Muse

Categories
    The Bad, The Ugly, The Uglier
  4. Frustrated

I am so annoyed right now. There is this poetry forum that for more than a year now I have served as an Admin for, and the truth is, and I don't mean to sound like I am just bragging, or I am not trying to be biased, but just stating the facts for what they are, I have done more to keep the forum running than the owners themselves have, who are virtually never around. I am one of the most active members of the forum, and have been one of the most consistent staff members.

If anyone
  5. tight schedule

by , 04-30-2010 at 03:56 AM (day in a life)
    well it's my day off, it's 7:40 and I just came back from getting my son to school. Now I'm gonna study a bit (if I get myself going) and at ten I'll be visiting a homeopath and she's says she can fix my lower back and hip pain, we'll see. then I'm gonna go shopping both grocery and for a birthday present for my boy, it's not 'till May 24 but I have been watching this for months and I want to buy it now, it's a cd player for kids with a microphone and recording, he loves to listen to both music ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized