View RSS Feed

title

My business?

Rate this Entry
If you read my very first blog post, then you may know that I like game modding.

Mod or modification is a term generally applied to computer games, ... Mods are made by the general public...Games running on a PC are often designed with change in mind, and this consequently allows modern computer games to be modified by gamers without much difficulty.
The aspect I am concentrating on is creating new armor which for one of the games I play is as simple as using image editors and with another learning templates and code. It is entertaining and adds depth to the game for me because something I have direct input on is right there in the game.

So I have created and shared a number of armor items for female characters at a gaming forum I belong to, and somebody had asked about additional armor and some nude skins. Another member had made their nude skin for a white female player character available , but this other person was asking about the black female player character. I pointed out that I had made a number of armor skins for the black female and we chatted abit about the nude aspect. I offered to make a basic nude skin (nothing explicit), and that I would make that skin available privately to that individual as it is not something I generally create or distribute.

So, somebody else jumps in with the question of how having a nude female body adds interest to the game? To me, what the question is really about is nudity an acceptable aspect of gaming? There will be those who consider it completely inappropriate and those who enjoy it. Let it be said that generally these are games that have a mature rating due to violence. I tend to feel that this is one of those things that should be left to an individual's discretion. While I would not feel comfortable having my character run around the countryside in her birthday suit, I don't feel I have the right to dictate to other gamers what they do in the privacy of their own home. As long as children don't have access to the game, then somebody should be able to have their character be naked all the time if that is what they want.

I guess what I am saying amongst all this blather is...I just don't consider it my business! This is not a life or death situation, it is a game played for entertainment. So I made the nude skin, and emailed it to this person and they were happy with it and thanked me. Life goes on...
Categories

Comments