View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Local Favorite Foods in Shymkent

If you look up the cuisine of Kazakhs, you’ll find it’s based on mutton, horse meat, and mare’s milk. Well, I’ve had plenty of mutton, but we’ve avoided anything to do with horse. However, I don’t think we’ve actually come across a Kazak restaurant per se. The better restaurants tend to refer to themselves as having Uzbek cuisine. The Kazaks and Uzbeks are ethnic cousins, and as I understand it, they both came from the same nomadic Turkish roots, and while the Kazaks remained nomadic for much ...

Updated 06-29-2010 at 05:48 AM by Virgil

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. What Am I Really?

What Am I Really?

That is what you must ask yourself
    as you gaze into my eyes
    it may be a question of life & death
    I tried to warn you that I was full of lies
    but you already knew.

I know you thought you could be the one
    to save me....

Save me from what?

Myself?
    The world?
    The pain you wished you could suck out of my marrow
    but like a vipers venom it was toxicity.
    Categories
    My Poetry
  3. Little Things Make Me Happy

by , 06-28-2010 at 09:33 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    I made some ice cream tonight, well, yesterday night, it’s 1:20 am as I write this . I got some strawberries yesterday, they came with a free pot of single cream. While hanging around Tesco I thought, ‘actually, I feel like getting some strawberries. Maybe I can make something out of them’ I’m not too keen on plain strawberries you see, I like them but I couldn’t eat a box of them and the free cream was the clincher. If I didn't use it on the strawberries I could put it in a milkshake or something. ...

Updated 06-28-2010 at 09:39 PM by Bluebiird

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Sid The Vulture

Sid the Vulture
    The Serengeti
    Africa

HRH The Duke of Edinburgh
    Buck House
    London
    England

24th June 2010

Dear Phil,

As my most prestigious sponsor I must thank you for all you are doing for me. I hope Liz and the Kids are doing well.

Well, things have been a bit quiet round here lately. This morning I watched the sun come up, sat hopefully in a tree for 4 hours and when ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Guatemala 2010

I feel kind of tactless and rude for posting this up on my blog, but as explained in the proceeding letter - I did not plan on going and as such instead of mailing this out to the friends on LitNet that I mailed it to last year, I've decided to post it this way. Should you feel interested in aiding me, please send me a private message for details on address information. - Thank you so much guys for putting up with me! I love you lots!!

Categories
    Uncategorized