View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. For want of a nail

by , 10-29-2017 at 07:48 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    In 1966 Erma Bombeck mentioned "that 'don't sweat the little stuff'. Had become her motto." In 1983 Robert S. Eliot was quoted in an article in Time as saying that he had two rules for reducing stress: "Rule 1: Don’t sweat the little stuff. Rule; 2: It’s all little stuff." I suspect that the phrase goes back before Erma, but I don’t feel like tracking it down. But I would like to amend it to: Be careful of the small things, because everything is made up of small things; if we ...

Updated 10-30-2017 at 09:34 AM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Funeral For A Friend

by , 10-23-2017 at 07:15 PM (Kiz_Paws Bag Of Trix)
    No, this entry has NOTHING to do with Sir Elton John's music ....

One of the most difficult things that I have to contend with, as a musician, is performing music for someone close to me at life's end.

On Friday past, I played music for a friend. She succumbed to the horrid Cancer.... how her battle went on... She left to mourn her identical twin sister, her brother, her parents, her extended family...her friends....

It was piano music, played on

Updated 10-23-2017 at 07:30 PM by kiz_paws

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. NaNoWriMo -Thoughts?

November is coming up and that means so is NaNoWriMo. I'm thinking about doing it this year. For a good chunk of November, I will be residing in a small, holiday town. I'll be flying daily to a nearby island and picking up wildlife for translocation. They'll be flown to an in-land sanctuary and then I'll fly back to the town each day. This will leave me with free afternoons/evenings, and I was trying to decide what to do with myself besides walking, swimming, reading, watching movies and cooking ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Art of the Steal

by , 10-21-2017 at 03:24 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Donald Trump has made a lot of his skill in negotiation and making deals. He hasn't been crowing about that recently, but there still are implicit claims. Those claims don't stand up to scrutiny, and he seems to have been more skilled at stealing than in dealing.

A large amount of his money he gained through bankruptcy court, rather than through doing business. There are questions as to how many bankruptcies he has had. He admits to four, but there have been at least six, and if one ...

Updated 10-21-2017 at 08:32 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. What's Wrong with Gun Control

by , 10-09-2017 at 03:10 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Sometimes I wonder whether people in the U.S.A. ever bother reading the documents that are the basis of the U.S. government. There have been other countries that declared independence from a mother country and produced a declaration of independence, but from what I know of those documents, they were in legalistic style, so they are not easy to read. The U.S. Declaration of Independence was well written by someone who knew what he was doing; although it was damaged somewhat by amendments on the floor ...

Updated 10-11-2017 at 07:35 AM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized