View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Whose Problem

by , 09-25-2021 at 02:54 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I don’t think it will come with a whimper or a bang. A few good epithets are much more likely. Or maybe I am just becoming less patient with those humans (the ones who do really stupid things.), but it isn’t just me. Consider the recent news: Apparently the Gabby Petito matter became a crime, because that guy wasn’t able to control himself in dealing with a rather attractive woman. Any man stupid enough to murder a woman like Gabby should get the same treatment, when he will be caught.
    Then ...
  2. Looking For a Needle in Not a Haystack

by , 09-18-2021 at 11:22 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    Alternative title "How Hard Is It To Get Stabbed In The Arm?" but I worried that might cause problems. "A Wild Needle Chase" equally so.
    I got my second vaccination at last and let me tell you it sure was a hoot and a half. Why is it never simple for me?
    But Blue aren't you 30 something shouldn't you be done by now? I most of the 30 somethings I know are done. Yeah well things were a bit slow and I had additional problems when my time came.

My first ...

Updated 09-18-2021 at 11:40 PM by Bluebiird

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. On Civil Disobedience

by , 09-18-2021 at 02:19 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Today I started thinking about the people planning a march in Washington in regard to the attack on the Houses of Congress. The Duty of Civil Disobedience implies the opposite, when that is appropriate, and that would include non-governmental action against people attacking the country and its institutions.

I have no trouble imagining citizens of the U.S.A. being unhappy with some actions of the government, but I can’t understand people attacking the process of elections and asserting ...
  4. This Changes Everything And Nothing

by , 09-15-2021 at 10:17 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    Sorry to post two days in a row but I can't sit on this. I think I've mostly settled it all in my mind but I still feel off. Kind of betrayed but not really. I feel like I've been lied to but I haven't. I just wasn't told. And in the end it doesn't actually change anything.

My dad called to update us. It looks like some cancer has moved to his bladder and spine but it's alright. Well It's not. No it's fine because it could be worse because it's not effecting the nerves and stuff. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. -part 2 because i don't have a better title-

by , 09-14-2021 at 10:19 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    So he was trying to get along.

-CONTINUED FROM PART 1-

I've been trying to knit a tricky blanket (I didn't do a project last month so I want to get one done this month) so I've been staying up later trying to fix mistakes and such (it really is tricky) so 10am for example. About 10:30 we had a call. That's been happening a lot lately. We keep getting calls from numbers based in India claiming to be from an internet service provider (not mine) about problems. The first ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast