View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Something About Post-Apocalyptic Literature

by , 10-02-2021 at 01:46 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    It has been written that a work of fiction is a conversation between the author and the reader, or one side of the conversation. That that implies that the reader must think about and understand what the author is expressing ( see The Role of the Reader by Umberto Eco for more detail). For that reason, I am giving some insight into my novels Causation and Paradoxes and Contradictions.

I have long had a problem with most apocalyptic and post-apocalyptic literature and movies, because ...
  2. Something About Post-Apocalyptic Literature

by , 10-02-2021 at 01:44 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    It has been written that a work of fiction is a conversation between the author and the reader, or one side of the conversation. That that implies that the reader must think about and understand what the author is expressing ( see The Role of the Reader by Umberto Eco for more detail). For that reason, I am giving some insight into my novels Causation and Paradoxes and Contradictions.

I have long had a problem with most apocalyptic and post-apocalyptic literature and movies, because ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Whose Problem

by , 09-25-2021 at 02:54 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I donít think it will come with a whimper or a bang. A few good epithets are much more likely. Or maybe I am just becoming less patient with those humans (the ones who do really stupid things.), but it isnít just me. Consider the recent news: Apparently the Gabby Petito matter became a crime, because that guy wasnít able to control himself in dealing with a rather attractive woman. Any man stupid enough to murder a woman like Gabby should get the same treatment, when he will be caught.
    Then ...
  4. Looking For a Needle in Not a Haystack

by , 09-18-2021 at 11:22 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    Alternative title "How Hard Is It To Get Stabbed In The Arm?" but I worried that might cause problems. "A Wild Needle Chase" equally so.
    I got my second vaccination at last and let me tell you it sure was a hoot and a half. Why is it never simple for me?
    But Blue aren't you 30 something shouldn't you be done by now? I most of the 30 somethings I know are done. Yeah well things were a bit slow and I had additional problems when my time came.

My first ...

Updated 09-18-2021 at 11:40 PM by Bluebiird

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. On Civil Disobedience

by , 09-18-2021 at 02:19 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Today I started thinking about the people planning a march in Washington in regard to the attack on the Houses of Congress. The Duty of Civil Disobedience implies the opposite, when that is appropriate, and that would include non-governmental action against people attacking the country and its institutions.

I have no trouble imagining citizens of the U.S.A. being unhappy with some actions of the government, but I canít understand people attacking the process of elections and asserting ...