View RSS Feed

day in a life

1. Reading, a bit

by , 12-30-2017 at 12:40 PM (day in a life)
    Well I didn't get any books for Christmas, now that is rare. Except the last santa always gives me a present too so he got me 'The Hunting of the Snark' I had wanted to read it for a while and he (I) found a pretty copy with pictures. If the comment last santa doesn't make sense that is because here on the ice we have 13 of them and they come one each night starting 13 days before Christmas and the last one leaves gifts on the morning of the 24th, we celebrate on that day. Anyway he got me this ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. reading troubles

by , 12-03-2017 at 05:33 AM (day in a life)
    For some reason I haven't been able to read in the past few weeks. I don't know why, I feel like I want to but at the same time I don't. I have five very interesting books by my bed but I can't finish them. The last book I read was 'Lullabies for little criminals' by Heather O'Neill and I did like that book a lot. Now I just can't finish anything. I finished school last spring, I now have two degrees in literature and one in translations. I had a summer job in a garden planting vegetables, same ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Online bookstores

by , 05-07-2016 at 05:42 AM (day in a life)
    I live on the ice. We have brilliant authors and poets here, no other country in the world publishes as many books per capita, and we are proud of it. There are not many small independent bookstores, here I can think of 3, but one of them also publishes books, and one is a bookstore and a café (and my home away from home). We have chains that have a great variety of books from all over the world but it's not perfect.

That is where online bookstores come in. I have used Amazon a lot, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Ginger tea and chocolate

by , 03-27-2016 at 05:16 AM (day in a life)
    Been a while since I wrote something down here, and the only reason why I am doing it now is because I should be proofing my MA thesis.

I am kinda sick, I have had a cold for two days now, was really ill on Friday but it's getting better. It is my firm belief that the only cure for cold (or any other virus) is tea, and lots of it! So have been drinking tea pretty much day and night now for three days. I love tea but usually I go for coffee in the morning, and drink so much of it ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Time for a Christmas break and some light reading for myself

by , 12-14-2015 at 06:06 AM (day in a life)
    Well I am on a break now, I only have one semester left to get my MA. Next semester I will only write my thesis, no classes, I find that a bit scary. I have started my thesis, written a first draft of one chapter so that is something.

Now I am on a break and I am reading The Girl on the train by Paula Hawkins and enjoying it, no descriptions of illness or tumours so I think I am safe from diagnosing myself with the disease I am reading about at that moment.

I am almost ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 71 1234561151 ... LastLast