View RSS Feed

Most Popular Blogs

1. 9/26

9/26
    The only kind of morality that is really meaningful is the kind which doesn't care – but it chooses out of more or less logic. . . In other words, one that awakens and says, “I can see that none of this matters, that all of this play of self and other is really a masquerade, the one Being in all of them putting on an ignorance and pretending to live, die, joying, suffering; but none of it is really dying, joying, suffering or beginning because the Being which is all of them is not dying, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. What the hand dare seize the fire?

by , 04-22-2009 at 11:27 AM (Cloudy Trophies)
    Out, out, brief candle!

Ah yes, the flickering flame, such a symbol of ourselves, and of our world. Almost every religion attributes some symbolic meaning to this item, representing some form of synergy with a higher power to our mutual improvement - bringing, as it were, illumination to our personal darkness.

But is it an accurate representation of our situation? Is our existence, our personal reality, a flame? A single burst of energy in an otherwise eternal darkness? ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Friends

by , 09-10-2009 at 08:44 PM (Ramblings from the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia)
    I've had good reason lately to think about the meaning of the term "friend". You see, when I attempted suicide the other Sunday, the man who talked me out of it stated that we had been friends for 30 years.

I thought about that long and hard over the next days. I appreciate what he did for me, but was he truly a "friend"?

Did he ever write in thirty years? No.
    Has he ever called in thirty years? No.
    Did we visit each other, did our

Updated 05-18-2012 at 12:52 PM by Pendragon

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Cause Célèbre

by , 03-31-2009 at 10:51 AM (Cloudy Trophies)
    With Madonna attempting to use her 'fame' to adopt yet another African child, and being aghast at the media coverage of this event, its time I climbed on to my soapbox once more, and have a rant about modern celebrity culture:

'Celebrity' is such an odious term, and a repellent idea, at least in its modern application. Everywhere I walk, its soulless stink surrounds me. All men are not equal - this I freely acknowledge - but the distinction is not a meritocratic one. Rather, it is ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. kudos part ii

I had posted a kudos blog entry earlier this year
    , and thought I would post another 'kudos' entry regarding the comments, queries, and feedback I get about the site. As usual they are posted anonymously so as to not reveal the identity of the sender.

Disclaimer: If any of you recognise one as your own, please view it in the spirit that this is intended, as a fun way to get a glimpse into how other people see and use the site.

Some of the messages I get are ...
    Categories