Trodden by horses' hooves
    Reminiscence and aches
    And ever

Updated 06-22-2017 at 12:42 PM by Mohammad Ahmad

Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images
  2. Educational Shortcomings

by , 06-20-2017 at 04:09 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Educational systems seem to fail everyone in some significant way. Here in the U.S.A. elementary and secondary school teachers are generally under-trained and underpaid, so they aren’t fully prepared to teach children, and there are major problems with the curriculum they are expected to teach. The curriculum doesn't include many things that should be included, and it does include many things that are a waste of time.

One thing that I was thinking of was basic logic. Many people ...
  3. It's None of My Business

by , 06-11-2017 at 03:48 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I looked at the news to day, and there was an article about people demonstrating against sharia law in the U.S. and people counter demonstrating. am not intimately familiar with sharia, but this is an example of people shoving their religion into other people's lives. Those demonstrations were all around the country. I also recently ran across a video about Dearborn, Michigan, which has become a target for Muslim immigrants. In Dearborn the population is already fifty percent Muslim, and apparently ...
  4. Restoring Good Government

by , 06-07-2017 at 12:11 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Restoring Good Government

For decades I have read dire predictions of the decline of Western Civilization, and sometimes the predictions seemed almost persuasive, but when one looks carefully one finds only opinions supported by other opinions, like the Anthropogenic Climate Change arguments, as substantial as the stuffing of a hot air balloon. Often those predictions of the fall of Western Civilization express the desires of a few people and poor analysis of what has happening and ...

Updated 06-07-2017 at 06:43 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Fighting Big Lies

by , 05-28-2017 at 03:05 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    “A big lie (German: große Lüge) is a propaganda technique. The expression was coined by Adolf Hitler, when he dictated his 1925 book Mein Kampf, about the use of a lie so "colossal" that no one would believe that someone "could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously."
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_lie

“I have said it thrice: What I tell you three times is true." The Bellman in “The Hunting of the Snark” https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/The_Hunting_of_the_Snark ...