View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. End of History

by , 06-27-2020 at 08:27 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I don't like the term “nihilism”, but recently I have found myself using that on a few occasions; although it may have been misplaced. I have used it in reference to people who use their own set of pseudo-facts in place of history. People like the ones who tore down the statue of U.S. Grant, ostensibly because he owned a slave for a time. In that case, they were also ignoring the matter of him leading the North to victory over the Confederate States of America. Grant wasn't the nicest person around, ...
  2. Just a Slight Wobble This Time

by , 06-24-2020 at 09:24 AM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    We recieved a package out of the blue today. We don't get packages normally anyway but to get one now would be like seeing a wild unicorn.
    I had no clue. Mum figured it out pretty quick.
    It's from the sister of the aunt who died.
    It's shoe box sized, because it is a shoe box.
    Took a while to open with my overcaution in overdrive what with it still being a pandemic and all. Didn't want to wait 3 days so I hacked open the paper with a knife. Difficult to do when you refuse ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Maybe We Are Alone

by , 06-17-2020 at 09:37 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I ran across another article about the probability of finding other intelligent life forms in the universe. Alas, it is behind a pay wall, and I do not wish to sign up for something else. But the abstract does not mention mitochondria nor does the article from which I learned of it, so I would guess that it did not consider how difficult it might be for a single cell lifeforms to take mitochondria, or some similar bacteria, and make it symbiotic.

I think that the ideas about how ...
  4. Yes. I Dare

by , 06-16-2020 at 07:34 AM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    -from part 1-
    Ah. I went on too long. But I've spent a long time typing and if I delete it I may never write it up again then it'll be one of those stupid things that haunts me for no reason. Do I dare waste the time and space of others with a part 2?

-part 2-

Shopping is not to be touched for 3 days when we bring it home. With it being Summer now that's becoming less practical and mum's had several carrots rot. Seriously. Put it in the fridge. We're not even ...

Updated 06-16-2020 at 07:37 AM by Bluebiird

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. It Started With Sausages?

by , 06-16-2020 at 07:02 AM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    Did it really start there? Maybe i should've said Triggered By Sausages?
    So. It seems that when I get a rush of emotion, be it happy or sad, I feel like I'm about to cry. I hate crying. That's why I hold it in until I'm alone and preferably in the dark in my room, it feels comforting somehow.
    Today I had a moment.
    I didn't actually cry. I didn't feel like I was in danger of crying.
    It was just something that made me think and I thought if I were in a more vulnerable state ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast