View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Increasing America's Intelligence

by , 04-30-2020 at 09:37 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I saw a website earlier that suggested a new American Revolution (see link below). That might be a good idea, but this site was suggesting revolting over the closing of most of the economy, and apparently they want to have all restrictions on activity to be removed. I can understand that, and I don't like government ordering me to do anything. On the other hand, associating with people who are carrying a highly contagious disease who apparently have not made any attempt to avoid infection isn't ...

Updated 04-30-2020 at 09:46 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Give me hope...

My music preferences are eclectic. I sing in a choir at church... when we have church, and love hymns. I wrote/transcribed the tiniest of songs, a tiny hymn, from a poem I wrote and set it to music (from a lucid dream/angellic voices & music which I can not duplicate) using a free music transcription program (MuseScore: https://musescore.org/en)... years ago. I had to get a little bit of tutoring to understand notes and such (thank you Sr H !!) to be able to understand the tiniest bit of music ...
    Categories
    , ,
  3. “A year spent in artificial intelligence is enough to make one believe in God.”

The quote above is attributed to Alan Perlis.

Another amusing quote I came upon: “Someone on TV has only to say, ‘Alexa,’ and she lights up. She’s always ready for action, the perfect woman, never says, ‘Not tonight, dear.’” — Sybil Sage, as quoted in a New York Times article.

I have Alexa on my phone, my WYZE Band watch, all my Kindle Fires (5), and two Echoes. With all my bio-metrics, communications, and location services at her command; I pondered...

Updated 04-29-2020 at 04:13 PM by tailor STATELY

Categories
  4. Haunted by Hydrangeas...

Since my Mother passed on I've been without a muse. A poet must have a muse whether he or she realizes it. So, I've just chosen a new muse. Several years ago I came upon a painting by Philip Wilson Steer, painted in 1901, titled "Hydrangeas" and fell in love with it; writing a poem that unfortunately needs attention called "Haunted by Hydrangeas". My muse will be the young woman dangling pearls before her cat to play with and is depicted here: https://www.wikiart.org/en/philip-wi...ydrangeas-1901 ...

Updated 04-29-2020 at 05:17 AM by tailor STATELY

Categories
  5. I think there was something else. Can't remember what it is

by , 04-26-2020 at 01:08 AM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    I'm trying to grow some vegetables. I have tomato, pepper and pea shoots so far. It will be interesting to see if I can get anything out of them.

I friended a few other family members on Facebook to be in contact if need be, see how they're doing and so on, let them know how we are. Why didn't you friend them before? Well. As much as I appreciate Facebook as a way to keep in touch with people I mostly hate it. I hate the nonsense I see that means nothing to me. I hate the random videos ...

Updated 04-26-2020 at 01:17 AM by Bluebiird

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast