View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Making Money the Old-fashioned Way

by , 02-17-2015 at 04:12 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Someone I am acquainted with made an interesting suggestion. He said that he would turn me in as Joseph Mengele and collect the reward. I pointed out that I don’t look even a day over ninety years old, and he mentioned that some of Mengele’s experiments were with transplantation of flesh and he would have rejuvenated himself. Well he hasn’t tried it yet, so I looked up Mengele and learned that the body of a drowned man was identified as Mengele. I don’t know if they used DNA at the time, but there ...

Updated 02-17-2015 at 04:15 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Ripe for Civil Disobedience

by , 11-14-2014 at 10:16 AM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I am not an agent provocateur; I am an observer and commenter. It has been some time since the U.S.A. has had major political upheaval, so, like an earthquake zone that has not had any quakes, pressure has built up. If we look at the basic causes for the pressures, we can usually see unequal treatment before the law. Unequal treatment covers a lot of ground from discriminatory taxation to granting benefits to some people that are not available to all.

Some more specific issues ...

Updated 11-14-2014 at 10:23 AM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Ending the Mideast Troubles

by , 08-04-2014 at 09:19 AM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I was going to write about this some time ago, but someone convinced me to steer clear. Well, it’s looking nastier than usual and getting worse, so maybe I should throw in my five trillion dollars’ worth.

A common characteristic of humans is hating anyone they consider different from them. The difference can be anything from skin color to physiognomy to abstruse point of philosophy, and the degree of difference makes no difference in how much they hate. Such hatreds are purely voluntary ...
  4. Some Attributes of the Gods

by , 04-26-2014 at 10:51 AM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    The concept of god(s) tells us a great deal about people, and it tells us more when we look at the particularly options available and who opts for which sort of god(s). As was recorded by the ancestors of the Ancient Greeks, the Gods overthrew the rule of their parents, the Titans. From the fragmentary evidence that is still available it appears that the Titans and the Gods were all in possession of powers that were much greater than are humans, but in other ways the Gods were quite like humans ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Why Does Religion Get a Free Pass?

by , 03-25-2014 at 03:46 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Religious discrimination

Here in the U.S.A. we are guaranteed the right to practice the religion of our choice, which is interesting, and we are further guaranteed that there will be no establishment of religion, but this part has been completely ignored. Organized religion has been established as official and even granted tax exempt status. “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof.” This was applied to ...
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast