View RSS Feed

Most Popular Blogs

1. It’s A Man’s World Out Here

There are not a lot of people here in Shymkent that speak English. Oh some people know a word or two, but hardly more than that. We’re lucky in a way. A couple from the United Kingdom (Wales, specifically) is also out here for their adoption, and my wife has been in contact with them for at least a month through email. She met them through an adoption online community. They have been in Shymkent for this past month and they had a good feel for the town. Once we got settled we met up with them ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Earth Smells: A List

Here are the top 5 earthy smells that will ever grace your olfactory nerve:

1. The steam from peeled potatoes boiling in a pot of water

2. The morning air after mowing the grass

3. Dry yerba mate tea

4. The dust trail that a pick-up leaves after speeding down a gravel road in the dry August heat

5. The methane bubbles that tumble up from the mucky river-bottom

Each of these smells brings me a joy of hearth, ...

Updated 05-26-2010 at 08:38 PM by The Comedian

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Earth Prayer

I recently watched the movie Men Who Stare At Goats, quite funny, and there was this earth prayer that was recited within the movie which struck me, and I have always wanted to play around with visual poetry, so I used the words from the prayer with one of my photos

If you find the words hard to read, here is what they say:

Mother Earth… my life support ...
    Categories
    Spirituality
  4. A miragem

Eu tinha cerca de 12 anos. Na roça, onde morava, as moças que eu via eram poucas, e somente quando ia à feira de Capela, arraial à uma légua de nossa casa.
    Eu me enfeitava todo no dia de sábado, dia de feira em Capela do Alto Alegre. Meu chapéu novo de couro, uma casaca e as alpercatas de cromo. Jogava um pouco de cheiro no corpo, roubado da mamãe. Olhos dançando, no caminho. Buscam Mariá, vindo do Tabuleiro.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. disappointment

life is not easy. it has never been, and it will never be. there might be some people whose lives seem perfect, but yet, luck does not always smile on them.
    by the way, i think i should apologize for my sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooo long absence. you've missed me? no, i don't think so, but thank you anyway :P oh yeah baby, the cynic is back! lol!
    what is really funny, is the fact that not only life disappoints us, due to the turning points and the ups and downs, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized