View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Who Are the Guilty?

by , 11-06-2017 at 04:34 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    why faked data

I noticed an article today that claimed that the Ozone Hole in the atmosphere over Antarctica was smaller. I read the article, actually skimmed it, and it quickly became clear that whoever wrote it didnít know anything about the matter, and hadnít bothered checking old files. I made a few comments, and then left it. But I started wondering again who or what is having articles like that one and the things about Anthropogenic Climate Change written and ...
  2. Eye Witnesses To A Crime ... Reliable? Or No?

by , 11-04-2017 at 10:03 AM (Kiz_Paws Bag Of Trix)
    A few years ago, I was involved in a Psychology experiment.

A person was set up in a study cubicle (common to the University study halls). This person was asked to remain there until called.

In the meantime, while sitting in the cubicle for a few moments, the person 'got familiar' with his/her surroundings. The cubicle was as sparse as a cubicle gets. A chair, a desk setting, partitions separating he/she in said cubicle from other study cubicles. A radio/cd player

Updated 11-04-2017 at 10:28 AM by kiz_paws

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Truthiness

by , 11-03-2017 at 06:49 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    "Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see." Various as far back as Alfred the Great

I have become a little dubious of the ability of many people to tell the difference between facts and fiction. I was going to title this ĎTruthinessí, but I found that truthinessí has been redefined to mean something having the appearance of truth although it is not. That is part of the problem, but I am concerned with things that a simply not true at all, but people assert ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. The Blog of Halloween Past and Present

by , 10-31-2017 at 07:00 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    So. I’ve had a busy day. Halloween is always busy for me.
    I never did write up last year. I meant to. I started writing an entry at Easter but stopped because I couldn’t remember how many pumpkins I’d had and I had to find the camera to check. It took two days because we put it away for Christmas.

So this year was basically an expansion on last year. I didn’t take detailed notes so it should be short.

LAST YEAR

I wanted ...

Updated 10-31-2017 at 07:32 PM by Bluebiird

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. For want of a nail

by , 10-29-2017 at 07:48 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    In 1966 Erma Bombeck mentioned "that 'don't sweat the little stuff'. Had become her motto." In 1983 Robert S. Eliot was quoted in an article in Time as saying that he had two rules for reducing stress: "Rule 1: Donít sweat the little stuff. Rule; 2: Itís all little stuff." I suspect that the phrase goes back before Erma, but I donít feel like tracking it down. But I would like to amend it to: Be careful of the small things, because everything is made up of small things; if we ...

Updated 10-30-2017 at 09:34 AM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized