View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Sunday Morning on Bay Street

by , 05-31-2010 at 05:35 PM (The (not so) Inner Whinings of an Impatient Rambler)
    At 8:30 this morning, I step out of the sliding doors of the Marriott Hotel on Bay Street, my resting place after an evening of Bachelorette foolishness in honour of my brother's fiancé. The sun is sparkling, the air is warm and dewy, and the Toronto streets are oddly quiet. Setting off south towards Union Station to catch my bus home, this is my first quiet moment with the city. Ever.

It feels small today, home-y, perhaps like an amusement park feels to a ride operator before opening. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. waiting for tomorrow

by , 05-30-2010 at 04:25 AM (day in a life)
    not that I want the weekend to be over I just will find out tomorrow if the classes I want to take for the summer semester will be taught. I started reading Lord of the Rings for the second time so I will be up to speed when the class starts, I will be really disappointed if they cancel the classes. It's kinda funny reading these books again, it's been almost 10 years and I find myself reading a 'new' story, there is a big difference in reading a book at 14 than 24, I feel the same way as I did ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. My Real Secret Fantasy

Not all my fantasies revolve around a certain well thought about moderator who has lawyers on speed dial for pesky forum member control.

My real fantasy of late has been to write a book.

Or vent my spleen.

And this would accomplish both.

The origin of this little fantasy came out of a remark I made in a blog entry awhile back about unwritten entries one of which related to my real attitudes about Christian fellowship.

This ...

Updated 05-30-2010 at 01:32 AM by mtpspur

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. New Books!!!

It has been a while but I got to go book shoping today. Yay Me! I have absolutely no room for more books but I got some anyway.

Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.

The Club Dumas by Arturo Perez-Reverte

The Poe Shadow by Matthew Pearl

The Virgin Suicides by Jeffery Eugenides

The Odyssey by Homer (I have already read this but I no longer have my old copy of it and decided I wanted to own it and I have
    Categories
    Books
  5. I have gone

I have gone off the deep end,
    for I swore you were there and I saw you
    for a moment but were gone.
    You walk with grace,
    You possess what no one may,
    In your hands, like a whip
    rests all eternity.
    You come and go,
    and brighten with your passing