View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. 15,000 and Three Years

Wow, today is my three year anniversary on lit net and wouldn't you know it I also hit 15,000 posts today. Hard to believe It's only been three years. I guess when you reflect on life it doesn't go as fast as it sometimes seems. But still life goes way too fast. I hope I've only hit half way. If so then I still have another 46 years to be on lit net. Lord knows what some you guys will look like in 46 years. And if I'm this crabby and crotchety now, can you imagine in 46 years? ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. I will build a fire tonight

I just finished the hardest week of the semester. I’m so glad it’s behind me. I’m able to clean house today instead of sit in front of the computer and ignore the needs of my children. Very nice!

You may know that we moved into this little 100 year old farm house a few years ago and we’ve been adding on and remodeling- we‘re doing all the work ourselves. A couple of months ago we moved into the new bedrooms. We are now about to finish the drywall in the living room. We’ve been ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Today is a very sad day

Very upset tonight
    I don't know how to express my bad feelings
    I finally know:
    How humble you could be when love a person
    What is love?
    How long does it keep?
    It is awful to pretend happy
    How can I make myself delight?
    Maybe what I want is just I want to know how much he cares about me
    How long my love will keep on?
    I am really afraid that the day comes to me
    But I cannot be ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Sri Nityananda

Nityananda (Bangla: শ্রী নিত্যানন্দ) (b 1474 CE), a Vaishnava saint, is famous as a primary religious figure within the Gaudiya Vaishnava tradition of Bengal.[1] Nityananda was Chaitanya Mahaprabhu's friend & disciple. They are often mentioned together as Gaura-Nitai (Gaura, "golden one", referring to Chaitanya, Nitai being a shortened form of Nityananda) or Nimai-Nitai (Nimai being another name of ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. SB 4.7 (part 2)

SB 4.7.37: The governors of various planets spoke as follows: Dear Lord, we believe only in our direct perception, but under the circumstances we do not know whether we have actually seen You with our material senses. By our material senses we can simply perceive the cosmic manifestation, but You are beyond the five elements. You are the sixth. We see You, therefore, as a creation of the material world.

SB 4.7.38: The great mystics said: Dear Lord, persons who see You as nondifferent ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized