View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. once in a small wood

by , 02-04-2009 at 06:26 AM (Silas Thorne's Journal)
    Once in a small wood
    she kissed me
    pitying a piteous boy
    a broken arm
    with a writeable cast.

She signed the cast
    kissed me
    I walked home on the tops of trees
    and she
    left for the earth

I never came down.
    Categories
    Poetry
  2. The Young Man

by , 02-04-2009 at 03:45 AM (Kiz_Paws Bag Of Trix)

He was a quiet, studious young man; clean cut, very polite, very nice looking. I used to say hello to him while shopping at a particular store where he was employed.

I used to ask him about how his grades were and such, because that was a topic that he enjoyed talking about -- school, his favorite subjects and his thoughts.

I found
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Update on the grand plan

by , 02-03-2009 at 06:45 PM (Exiled in a kilt)
    Ok, so some of you were probably reading the grand plan entry thinking "yeah, nice idea kilt, but how?"

This is the how.

The main benefit to my job currently is the profit sharing plan. I can take money out of it tax free for certain reasons (such as opening your own business), and I get a decent return from it. I was speaking to my boss today about my grand plan & how much he thought I could get from the profit sharing in the 10 years till the plan takes ...

Updated 02-03-2009 at 07:42 PM by kilted exile

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Nine

by , 02-03-2009 at 08:09 AM (Reflections on the puddle of life)
    It's a number, and also doubles for 'no' in German (ok, yes it would be spelled nein!) which is kind of how I feel today.

My son is nine.

Nine, 9, neuf, niente, neuve and so on.

In preparing for his birthday last night this number hit me like a tsunami. It is nine years ago since he arrived; how has it gone so quickly? It seems such a short time ago, and yet he is so grown up. And in an equivalent length of time he will officially be an adult and then ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Credit Card Scare

by , 02-03-2009 at 04:53 AM (Kiz_Paws Bag Of Trix)
    My husband travels a LOT. He has a company-issued Major Credit Card (I dare not spell out the company, you understand).

He was in Europe for a stint just before Christmas and used this Major Credit Card for most everying, including taxis (which I shudder about -- really, shouldn't we just use cash?).

Well, the unthinkable happened, but nothing bad occured for my husband, thank gawd. The Major Credit Card people called him at his Office to say that a charge of $1,500.00
    Categories
    Uncategorized