View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Trump's Next Great Adventure.

by , 01-28-2018 at 09:02 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Trump has messed things up more than enough already, so we could tell him that he succeeded in making America Great again, and it's time to move on. For his next adventure he could turn around a "**** hole country", and I would suggest that he take on Eritrea.

Eritrea is such a wonderful place that many of its residents are trying to leave. It has been governed by a dictator for decades, and the standard of living is rather low. But Eritrea is a beautiful tropical place ...
  2. War by Another Name

by , 01-23-2018 at 05:14 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Wars are examples of diplomacy failing. Trade wars are one form of war, and they can be a harmful as shooting wars. The Great Depression was caused by a trade war, and we may have a similar event in the near future.

The history books don’t have much about it, but there nearly was a shooting war between the U.S.A. and the UK in the 1920’s. London had been the primary center of international finance since the Seventeenth Century. Debt and equity were issued and traded there more than ...
  3. The Spotted Cake From Hell

by , 01-19-2018 at 05:29 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    The day I’ve had.

So. If you were to search for “spotty cake” You’ll find some fun looking things and right away you’ll find what I was trying to make.
    It’s my mum’s birthday tomorrow and I don’t really have anything for her. I put all my efforts into Christmas and had some nice surprises for her (including something that I actually went out and bought myself). As there was a 3 for 2 offer when I bought her Satsuma hand cream and hand sanitiser I was saving the second hand ...

Updated 01-19-2018 at 08:59 PM by Bluebiird

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Power of Attraction for Purification – Role Models

by , 01-18-2018 at 01:46 PM (The Promised Revival -- To Bring Faith Back Even If It Had Gone To Pleiades (i.e. weakened).)
    Peace and mercy of Allah be on you.....While mentioning ‘quwat e qudsi’ (power of attraction to purify) of Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him), Hazrat Promised Messiah (on whom be peace) states: “My belief is indeed that the quwat e qudsi (attractive power for purifying) of him (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) was such, that no prophet was given so in world. Indeed the secret of progress of Islam is that, the absorbing-power of Noble Prophet was dominant. And moreover, ...
  5. Propaganda Techniques

by , 01-11-2018 at 09:19 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    This started as just being about exaggeration, but it became more general. Enjoy

Part of the zeitgeist of these times is that the people producing news coverage exaggerate most of the time. It isn't enough for them that there is a snowstorm coming; not now it is "Bomb Cyclone". I don't know if it simply became part of the American psyche, or if it's just imitating Trump, but if there's a more shocking way to put something, then the people producing news coverage put it that ...

Updated 01-11-2018 at 09:23 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast