View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Battle of the Closet Pt. 2

As you know from a previous post I am no fan of the whole closet system, I find it a time consuming and inconvenient way of dealing with clothes.

Usually I am not too particular about what I wear when I get dressed, I don't plan ahead, I generally don't have anything specific in mind as to what I am going to wear.

Generally the way I get dressed consists of walking over to the closet and grabbing a shirt at random, I have my few favorites particularly my Happy Bunny

Updated 06-14-2010 at 09:18 PM by Dark Muse

Categories
    Random Musings
  2. Troubles in Paradise

Things have kind of fallen apart here lately. Nothing to do with the baby or the adoption, just our living circumstances.

I guess it started Thursday morning, when, while taking a shower, the hot water disappeared. I was nearly done, just had to rinse off some lathery spots, and so I bit the bullet and tolerated the cold.

Then later that day, after we came back from our daily visit to the baby house, the air conditioner, which was never all that strong, and like I ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Flames

I heard this on a commerical though I cannot remember what for, I think it was some phone, but well becasue of my great love for action-adventure movies whenever I hear it, it just cracks me up.

Becasue girls love guys who stand near flames.
    Categories
    Quotations
  4. it's already been a month?

by , 06-12-2010 at 05:29 PM (Nostalgia)
    I left for the ranch on the fifteenth of last month. I feel like I've been here for a week. Still, a lot has happened within that window of time, regardless of how it feels. It was a typical spring. Snow, rain, hail, lightning, all within a span of about eight hours. The ranch was a bustle of activity, everyone doing their business- the corral was a haze of dust and hair as we groomed all 115 of our lovely critters, the chainsaws, weed whackers and mowers have been a constant drone since the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet by David Mitchell

by , 06-12-2010 at 01:56 PM (Reflections on the puddle of life)
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Thousand-Aut.../dp/0340921560

I eagerly anticipated this latest offering by Mitchell, who is one of the most promising contemporary writers Iíve encountered, and at no point does this novel disappoint. Apart from being the most visually beautiful book I own (it is truly beautiful) it is the most beautiful book Iíve read this year.

Set during the Edo period, in Japanís period of isolation, in the Dutch outpost of Dejima in the bay ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized