View RSS Feed

Halls of the Dark Muse

Forum Drama Upadte

Rate this Entry
Ok I have the latest news on the whole issue of my being cut from my position as Admin at The Poetry Forum I am a member of, and it is like an Internet Soap Opera. It also turns out that I was half-right which does vindicate me, even if it still sucks that I was removed, at least now I understand what is what.

The forum is co-owned by a former couple (they are now no longer together, which is part of the problem) and so the male half sent me an IM so he could talk to me in private about the whole thing without her checking his PMs and causing trouble.

As we were talking he pretty much flat out told me that it was all her choice to remove the staff, and he had no say, and that he thinks she did it because she has something against me, and according to him she has been acting really strange lately and he doesn't know what is going on with her.

But the gist of what I was able to gather is that in spite of the fact that she has been completely inactive on the forum, and is never around, and never does anything to help run the forum, she is annoyed with the influence that I have over the forum and all that I have done to keep it running, so she just wanted to remove me because of some sort of power struggle and I guess she saw me as "competition" even though if she had ever actually been present or contacted me I would have consulted and worked with her.

But instead she says nothing and than just gets rid of me with an obviously bogus excuse that anyone could see is not true.

And well as it turned out, apparently, he is actually the one who is paying all the bills on the forum, but she makes all the decisions without even consulting with him about it.

So me being me, I did try to convince them that he should just drop her all together since he was paying for everything and they were no longer together, but he didn't have the back bone to do that.

He is one of those that just does not want any sort of conflict and just didn't want me to be mad at him.

I would be tempted to leave the forum, but for one thing my own stubborn vindictive side doesn't want to let her think she can run me off, and for another thing it is so difficult to find poetry forums online that I genuinely like. I have searched more than once for possible alternatives or "back up forums" but this one just happens to have the overall best layout and atmosphere, and I like most the other people there.

I have considered starting my own forum using one of those places that let you do it for free, because I probably could get a lot of the members from there to come over with me.

But that would take a lot of time and effort and attention.

The only thing that bothers me, is it may be only a matter of time before she comes up with a bogus reason to have me banned for from the forum.

So I might just get the contact info from the other members at least the ones I am in communication with so if I do get kicked off I can invite them to join me wherever I end up next.

Updated 04-30-2010 at 05:00 PM by Dark Muse

Categories
The Bad, The Ugly, The Uglier

Comments

Yikes! Aren't you glad we can trust Scher not to be ridiculous?
    Well hang in there. If you get banned, you'll just have to find another outlet. It's not the only fish in the sea.
    Quote Originally Posted by L.M. The Third
    Yikes! Aren't you glad we can trust Scher not to be ridiculous?
    I know really!
    Quote Originally Posted by Virgil
    Well hang in there. If you get banned, you'll just have to find another outlet. It's not the only fish in the sea.
    Yes that is true, it will not be the first time I have lost a really good poetry forum, if it comes to that I will in time figure something else out.
    Well, that really does suck.I'm sorry, Dark Muse.

Maybe things will go to hell when your not around and that horrible woman will realize what a mistake she made.

I love these fantasies I make up when things are not going well for me. Actually, she is a terrible person to make such a blatant power play just because she can. I dislike people like that intensely. Give it a little time. Maybe it will work out. If not, then c'est la vie.
    The thing that really annoys me the most is the fact that she has never once openly confronted me about anything. And she makes up this obvious lie as a pretense to remove me as an admin.

She has never once contacted me to give me any indication that she was unhappy with anything I have done in running the forum.

Since her ex-boyfriend is the one actually paying to keep the forum running, I just keep thinking that maybe something will happen to her, or she will in time loose interest in the forum altogether, or something will happen to make her go away completely.
    What happened to professionalism? When your boss is dysfunctional it effects everyone- even your home life.

DM, I hope you are able to remain part of the forum, I enjoy your poetry and blog.
    Quote Originally Posted by jersea
    What happened to professionalism? When your boss is dysfunctional it effects everyone- even your home life.

DM, I hope you are able to remain part of the forum, I enjoy your poetry and blog.
    Jersea, I don't think it's lit net she's talking about, but a different poetry forum she belongs to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Virgil
    Jersea, I don't think it's lit net she's talking about, but a different poetry forum she belongs to.
    Yes Virgil is right, I am not talking about Lit Net, but a forum that is focused around priamrly only poetry that I was involved it.

So it will have no effect upon my memebership here at Lit Net.

And I am for the time staying on as a regular memember at the other poetry forum. Becasue it is not likely I am going to have any cotnact with the Owner, since I never did before, the only things that worries me, is if she suddenly decides to simply ban me from the forum as there is nothing that could really prevent her even if she does not have just cause.
    Updated 05-01-2010 at 11:29 AM by Dark Muse
    Ok, good! We'll keep our fingers and toes crossed!
    Well Darkmuse, I am pleased that I can still see you here, but would miss your work if you are not posting there... Please promise you will still post your work here as I love reading it. (But you already knew that)
    Yes, I will be staying there, unless she decides to ban me.
    I read your original posting on this matter, and now that I have read the update, I agree that there might be some sort of jealousy or envy going on on the part of the co-founder of the site.
    part.

A couple of years ago, I had a bad experience on a different poetry forum. Lord knows, I wasn't a moderator, merely a member of that particular poetry workshop forum. I worked hard, usually researched the accuracy of whatever I was going to post, tried to follow all the draconian rules, and spent time there that I should have been spending here on the LitNet. But all through the months I posted there, I never felt that I was "wanted;" as a matter of fact, every time I posted something there I felt "bad." But kept doing it cause I thought I'd learn something.

And I did! I learned that sometimes a gal's got to trust her intuition.

But whatever you decide to do, I hope it works out. Never forget, though, that your time and effort is valuable, DM.

Auntie
    I am so special it appears that the sole reason she reelected herself back onto the forum was solely to remove my position as admin, as after she had done that she seems to have slipped back into the shadows of cyber space again.

Though the twisted part of me is flattered to know I have so much control apparently over this other person that they would feel the need to cut of their nose to spite their face so to speak in order to get rid of me.

She herself does not appear willing to put any of her own personal time and energy into running the forum, but she is compelled to remove the one person who actually is putting effort into it.

But hey if she wants her own forum to go to hell in a hand basket instead of attempting to have an adult conversation with me about her concerns with the way I was running things, by all means I hope she is satisfied with that.