View RSS Feed

Barmy Blue's Bland Blog

Surprisingly Easier Than Expected

Rate this Entry
...so far. The eye operation went ahead as planned. She went in, told the surgeon that she had a tickle in her throat. He said it'd be fine but she had to warn him if she was about to cough so he could stop. She tells me that she didn't cough throughout the operation but started coughing after. They had to stick her with the needle twice because the first one didn't take for some reason. She has a follow up appointment in 2 weeks.

Also, on a similar note I had occasion to speak to Napoleon. He had his root canal on Friday and is going back to the dentist tomorrow to get the remaining unpleasant substance(s) drained. Kind of brings to mind the time the cat had an abscess on his gum. I wasn't there, I was at school, unfortunately, but I was told there was quite an impressive spray of blood and pus when the vet lanced it. I miss having a cat but anyway.

The dog's been perkier today. We gave her one of her favourite rubber chickens and she destroyed it pretty quickly, the quickest so far (we've stockpiled a few rubber chickens. She goes crazy for them). We still have about 3-4 weeks of her phantom pregnancy to get through but she seems a little happier. Still not eating properly though.

I'm going to be doing the main dog walks for a while. Not sure how long. At least it means I can wear my super cool scarf. I'm so glad I made it. I or we also have to go shopping in the week. I've forbidden mum from driving for at least a week. We'll see how long she obeys. I'm not concerned about her not seeing too well, she's managed fine with one of one and a half eyes for a while. I'm worried about the pain as the eye heals. If she has a slight constant pain or severe sudden pain she could suffer a momentary lapse of concentration. We didn't end up shopping on the weekend so we're low on supplies. Oddly enough I really want to be baking cakes right now. Weird huh?

Been having some weird dreams lately. Maybe I'll write about them some other time though, if you don't mind. I want to keep this short.

Bluebiird out.

Updated 08-15-2012 at 12:18 PM by Bluebiird

Categories
My Snow Dog

Comments

I'm glad it went well, Bluebiird. Your mom's lucky to have you.
    Great news. I happy for her. And I agree with Qimi. You're mother is lucky to have you.