View RSS Feed

Silas Thorne's Journal

What I'm working on..

Rate this Entry
Apart from the edits on the thesis, I'm working on a collection of limericks, which I will release on this blog. W.S. Baring Gould published a collection a while back, called 'The Lure of the Limerick'. They are kind of in that vein. Rather dark, cruel and impolite, though a few are a bit lighter in character.

Today I also decided to rerelease a few of my older poems on my blog, which I deleted for quite a while, a few very personal ones. Anyway, if you are interested, I think I have quite a few poems published on here. Maybe you'll like one or two. Or not. Anyway, have a good time whatever time it is where you are.

Silas.

Updated 06-09-2013 at 06:46 AM by Silas Thorne

Categories
Journal Entries

Comments

What`s your thesis about? Good luck
    Oh Hi, thanks for dropping by. About? Well, it's on reasons for the popularity of contemporary Chinese pop songs containing English. Oh, and I'm almost done. See my last blog post.
    It sounds interesting however I don`t know about chinese culture. I cannot compare with you probably but I remember editing my MA in linguistics. Next year I`ll write my BA at English Department (teaching adults probably).
    A thin skinny fellow was tall
    Like a dick always hitting a wall
    But his feet he forgot
    From dancing on an empty lot
    And his peanuts no longer would ball
    hi cafolini. Good, but the fourth line has too many syllables in it.