View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Mute

by , 12-16-2009 at 02:40 AM (A Mirror Floating in Water)
    Only three films in my life have rendered me so speechless that I felt as if I had somehow transcended all thought. 2001: A Space Odyssey, Apocolaypse Now and Persona. The latter I have just finished watching and I must say that I am as mute as the women in it. This film along with 8 1/2 the above mentioned and a few others, is the all-everything of cinema; it is infinite. 10/10

This could hardly be called a review, it has almost said nothing about the film. I don't know, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. My Dad

by , 12-16-2009 at 01:11 AM (the ocean always dreamed blue dreams)
    My dad died Saturday. The world seems a darker place without him

He was a quiet man, but he made his presence felt in so many ways. I remember running to hug him after work and the smell of his suit and he held us close. I remember helping him bring in logs for the fire and the careful way he arranged the them. I remember the food he made, the chili, the chicken noodle soup and the best potato salad I ever ate. I remember helping him wash the car-which was really just an excuse to ...

Updated 12-17-2009 at 12:06 AM by qimissung

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Century Rolls

by , 12-15-2009 at 03:58 PM (A Mirror Floating in Water)
    Keys in tune, century rolls through the cities like
    The Gestapo tanks through Moscow.
    Like Siberia in the cold, dead snow;
    Christmas, was that time of year
    In which Lenin was God and
    God stood in Red Square

Century rolls.

like ghettos of Stalingrad
    these pieces and blocks of memory;
    like stars in the sky, you were
    so small you could hardly breathe.
    These fumes of spring's rite.
    Rachmaninoff, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Passing the Time - Adoption Homefront

We received an update from our Adoption Agency yesterday. Now don't get excited cause we still don't know when we are going, however one couple is leaving for the country just before Christmas and there is one family currently there bonding with their 2 new children. There are 2 families that are waiting for their "Letter of Invitation to Travel" and we are one of them. . It would be so cool if we end up travelling around the same time.

I found this great website ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. living on a distant planet

by , 12-15-2009 at 10:42 AM (day in a life)
    I feel like I'm cut away from the world when I'm sick. I just hang around don't do anything except watch tv and sleep. don't even have the energy to read. I wish I could just sleep untill I'm better. but in about 30 minuets I need to go and pick up my son and bring him home. I promised to make something good for dinner cause I was throwing up last night so he only got yogurt and something like that. he wanted dinner. I just could hardly move a muscle.

I'm just so tired
    Categories
    Uncategorized