View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Oh What a Tangled Web We Weave

by , 08-01-2016 at 02:19 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    (Alternative title: Rogue Traders Part 3)

So. Just as Iíve come in, put my keys down and taken my hood off thereís a knock at the door. What? Is it those guys? I should really let them have it if it is but Iíll be too shy and anxious to actually do so. Or is it the neighbour? Is this going to be a thing?
    No. It was Napoleon. He had to pee before getting to business.
    Heís just come straight from a job, incidentally doing some work on a womanís roof, which is why he didnít ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. If Only If Onlyís Made a Difference

by , 08-01-2016 at 02:17 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    (Alternative title: Rogue Traders Part 2)

So about this point is where I arrived on the scene. Heís asked for Napoleonís number so that he can try to talk to him about this important work that needs to be done, since mum hasnít gotten through. He doesnít know that Napoleon is a builder or who he is in relation to us, but husband or some trusted/authoritative kind of figure would be the obvious guess. So Iím there just as she gives him Napoleonís phone number and Iím thinking what ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Slippery People

by , 08-01-2016 at 02:14 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    (Alternative title: Rogue Traders part 1)

So. Weíve had a bit of a to-do.
    After my last blog Iíve been wondering how to start a new one. Do I acknowledge the last one and comments or not or what. Well/ Iíll decide that another time because this story now takes precedent.
    You know those things you hear of but have never encountered and you think youíre too smart to be caught out, or possibly have been in that situation but havenít realised but it all worked out anyway ...

Updated 08-01-2016 at 02:19 PM by Bluebiird

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Treating the Insane

by , 07-29-2016 at 03:01 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    For the last few decades the mentally ill have been treated largely on an outpatient basis. And, as I pointed out in my post on homelessness, most homeless people in the U.S.A. have some sort of mental illness. Some mornings a guy who believes a number of conspiracy theories sits near in Starbucks and treats me to his theories. Yesterday he admitted that he hears voices. This morning a quiet, pleasant guy I am acquainted with was punched in the face on a bus by a woman who is fairly mad. It is pretty ...
  5. what I'm reading

"New York Days" by Willie Morris (for research).
    Categories