View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Regarding Civil Disobedience

by , 11-08-2014 at 12:17 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Like Thoreau I firmly believe in the maxim: The Government that governs least governs best.” And like him I am not completely opposed to getting rid of government entirely; although that would entail more problems now than it would have in 1849, when Thoreau wrote “On the Duty of Civil Disobedience”, but that essay puts forth some arguments that are not commonly given.

I may have missed a few paragraphs, but I reread “On the Duty of Civil Disobedience”, and I was impressed. Thoreau ...
  2. happiness was free - Wizz Jones

I just discovered this new musician; brand new, in fact. Immediately I knew he would kind of change my way of looking at music. . . at least - he's great!

I've only heard about 8 songs or so, but the jury's definitely not out!

These ones I love so far, this one is just great,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ju6pQHTB_uY City of the Angels

I'd absolutely love to see Chris Thile do this one

It's a very beautiful ballad, I'm ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. And the Rest

by , 11-06-2014 at 01:45 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    So. Halloween pictures. Like I said before, bit of a nightmare. There's probably a better way of lowering the picture quality than the way I did. This is what I get for using mum's camera instead of my phone. The picture quality on my phone is infinitely worse so, therefore, less shrinking to do. Yes. I said shrinking. And I don't just mean file size, though it was all to reduce the file size. Maybe if I had some fancy photo editing software rather than MS paint it wouldn't be such a problem but ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Is the World Getting Stranger?

by , 11-06-2014 at 09:28 AM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    There’s strange **** coming down in Babylon.

It’s hard to tell, but it seems that the news has been stranger this year than in any other time in the last few centuries, but I can’t be sure about that. It is possible that I have just noticed strange news stories more than in earlier, and it is also possible that reporters are reporting stranger things. Consider international news.

Around the end of last year it looked like there would be fewer wars for a while, but ...
  5. Spread Goodness to Whole World with Focus and Courage.

by , 11-05-2014 at 02:13 PM (The Promised Revival -- To Bring Faith Back Even If It Had Gone To Pleiades (i.e. weakened).)
    Peace be on you…. Ahmadiyya Muslim Khalifah (a.t.) gave reference from Holy Quran (ch3:v111) to explain that Allah requires from Muslims they must spread goodness and beneficence to whole world. Sad to see that these days some Muslim governments, organizations and groups have spread so much terror and killing of innocents that people are afraid of Islam now. With such conduct who will think that they will get any goodness from Muslims?

Hazrat Khalifa tul Messiah (may Allah ...