View RSS Feed

Most Popular Blogs

1. Las Pozas Garden, Mexico. Like something from LOTR

by , 01-27-2008 at 06:32 PM (Away with the Fairies- The Travel Diary of an Irish WebFairy)

I saw this garden recently on a tv programme called around the world in 80 gardens and it took my breath away. It was so surreal like it belonged in a fantasy novel. It is situated in a jungle at Xilitla, kind of north west of Mexico city, and was the inspiration of an English Surealist art collector called Edward James. Here are some photos i found on Photobucket. It is just amazing.
    Categories
  2. The Jackalope Conspiracy

by , 01-30-2008 at 04:30 AM (Kiz_Paws Bag Of Trix)
    ..... Here are two healthy Jackalope .....

OK, I chose a fancy title -- it is not so much a conspiracy as it is legend blended with some scientific fact. Allow me...

Depending on where you go on the internet, you will find that the Jackalope is allegedly one of the rarest animals in the world. The Lepus-temperamentalus ...
    Categories
  3. Poems while in Italy

by , 02-01-2008 at 02:14 PM (Scribblings)
    I don't want to clutter up the forums with awful poems by putting all these up but if you'll have fun reading them, please enjoy! These are from the start of my exchange in September 2007.

A gradual dismemberment

First, the legs
    When I can no longer walk to home
    Or board a bus
    Across wide seas –
    The arms go with my family
    My friends; useless here
    Hugs lack strength.
    Like me, they are ghosts
    Memories ...
    Categories
  4. Innuendos!

I love innuendos! Innuendos are words, phrases that can have double meanings. It can be either humourous, sexual or even malicious. But I prefer the first two

I think English Language may be best for those kinds of things But I guess innuendos have been a great invention in all languages and not just English and the best thing is that even ordinary speech can contain most humourous innuendos

Anyway here are some. Apologies if I have already posted this already ...
    Categories
  5. Let's Talk about Cold Mountain

Opinions are welcomed! I am reading this for a senior seminar class...Never been too enthralled with modern lit, but this is not bad. Just looking for some feedback...

Thanks!
    Categories