View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Fighting Big Lies

by , 05-28-2017 at 03:05 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    “A big lie (German: große Lüge) is a propaganda technique. The expression was coined by Adolf Hitler, when he dictated his 1925 book Mein Kampf, about the use of a lie so "colossal" that no one would believe that someone "could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously."
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_lie

“I have said it thrice: What I tell you three times is true." The Bellman in “The Hunting of the Snark” https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/The_Hunting_of_the_Snark ...
  2. Political Correctness and the Climate

by , 05-20-2017 at 03:17 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Among a wide swath of Americans there are several topics about which disagreement is not permitted; these include: race, gender, religion, disabilities, war, trade, crime, punishment, drugs, climate change, and a variety of other issues. The committee of political purity has looked at these matters and decreed that there is one single opinion permitted for these matters, and straying from the approved opinion is strictly forbidden. For most matters it is simply a matter of people with strong opinions ...
  3. My Shadow

by , 05-15-2017 at 01:36 AM (Living Breathing Contradiction...)
    Subject poetry contest

Her shadow haunts her waking dreams
    Broken fragments of her soul scream

Illuminated darkness hides the past
    From choices of a lot she didn’t cast

Bitter and broken, consistently abandoned
    Lost, to be found and again left stranded

Walking a road of self-destruction
    Building walls for her own protection

The fear of herself has only grown
    For she cannot escape, the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. American Orthodoxy

by , 05-11-2017 at 04:55 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Apparently the religious wars resulted in America orthodoxy splitting into several sects. I wonder whether it would be possible reconstitute the original, or if it would be better to take control of one sect and use it to conduct a war of annihilation against the other sects, or would it be better to take a more positive approach and simply spread one sect by taking over the other sects. One question that has not yet been answered is what the real American orthodoxy is.

When we look ...

Updated 05-22-2017 at 02:10 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. The Best Form of Government

by , 05-02-2017 at 06:34 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Reasonable people tend to agree with Thoreau that the government that governs least governs best, but there are practical reasons for having some government. What would be the best way to organize that little bit of government that we would need? Opinions would vary, but there are certain characteristics that would be desirable and other characteristics that would be undesirable. If we look at those characteristics, then an answer should be that form that best first the desires.