View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Islam: A Faith Full of Prohibitions?

Islam: A Faith Full of Prohibitions?
    @muhsin234 (Twitter)

Islam and its about 2 billions adherents suffer an acute ad hominem criticism in various places in the world today. The condemnations are wide and wild. While the notorious one centres on terrorism carried out by some Muslims, dubbed extremists; a salient other one is on the many prohibitions embedded in the religion. A non-Muslim friend of mine once told me, “I can’t practice Islam. There are more ‘Noes’ than ...
  2. More War Dogs

by , 01-24-2015 at 08:54 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    A few days ago I remembered how mercenaries had been quite significant in African wars a few decades ago, and the wars weren’t as messy as what is going on in Nigeria with Boko Haram and in and around Uganda with the Lord's Resistance Army. There were several rebellions in the Congo that used mercenaries extensively. Groups assembled by Bob Denard, Jean Schramme, and Mad Mike Hoare cleaned up many rebellions that would have grown into messes as bad as Boko Haram, if they hadn’t been put down. The ...
  3. What To Do With the NSA

by , 12-05-2013 at 08:34 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    The issue of the records that the NSA has compiled is worthy of attention. There is a point where a government can be found to be abusive, and we should consider whether the U. S. government has gone that far.

The Fourth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution is pretty clear. “The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported ...
  4. Yes to Roses of Peace. No to Thorny Terrorism. An Event in Bangladesh.

by , 02-11-2013 at 07:13 AM (The Promised Revival -- To Bring Faith Back Even If It Had Gone To Pleiades (i.e. weakened).)
    Peace be on you.
    The message of peaceful restoration of faith in this era had reached in East Bengal in the time of Promised Messiah Mahdi (1889-1908) . Two persons who had accepted him, had the opportunity to meet him personally. In the time of his first Khilafat (1908 -1914), the numbers reached to 500. In 1913, they raised a mosque and the Community started officially in that area (what is now Bangladesh) that year.

The total of three faithful (two men and a ...

Updated 02-11-2013 at 09:02 AM by YALASH

Categories
    Uncategorized