View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Single-mindedness

by , 08-11-2016 at 04:20 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    “Cave ab homine unius libri.” Beware the man of one book. Pliny the Elder

This fine adage came to mind earlier today, when I was listening to a man who thinks that the Jews control the world, and that all evil comes from them (he thinks The Protocols of the Elders of Zion is non-fiction). There seem to be many people who put their faith into a single item or narrow set of beliefs. Religious zealots are of this sort and sports fanatics also, but sports fanatics seldom go to war over ...
  2. The 50 th Annual Convention of Ahmadiyya Muslim Community UK

by , 08-09-2016 at 12:09 PM (The Promised Revival -- To Bring Faith Back Even If It Had Gone To Pleiades (i.e. weakened).)
    Peace be on all.
    The 50 th annual convention called Jalsa Salana of Ahmadiyya Muslim Community UK will start on August 12, God willingly. It has become international event since Ahmadiyya Khalifah heads the Community from UK. Guests have started to arrive from various countries. Volunteer men and women of all ages are taking care the whole moral and spiritual training program under a well organized system and they consider it blessing. In recent Friday sermon, Ahmadiyya Khalifah reminded ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Under The Covers

by , 08-08-2016 at 04:28 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    There I was in Starbucks about six o’clock this morning when I noticed that they were playing more covers, bad covers, mostly of mediocre songs. I asked a barista about it and was simply told that they had to play Starbucks playlists. The employees used to play some of their own CD’s, but that was banned. Apparently there is a problem with royalties. If Starbucks is trying to minimize royalties, then their playlists are only slightly successful, because they still have to pay the songwriter’s ...

Updated 08-09-2016 at 01:57 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Current Fall & Terrorism VS The Way to Rise -- Special Prayers

by , 08-04-2016 at 01:16 PM (The Promised Revival -- To Bring Faith Back Even If It Had Gone To Pleiades (i.e. weakened).)
    Peace be on all.
    The conditions of Muslim countries in the world are deteriorating very rapidly. Where is it written in real Islam to kill the innocent non-Muslims and Muslim? The rulers of their countries are not realizing their weakness and that anti-Islam forces are encircling them.

According to my understanding, Muslim countries and their cherished clergies neither understand true Islamic teaching nor do they want. They deny Spiritual Reformer Imam sent by Allah the Exalted ...

Updated 08-05-2016 at 01:19 AM by YALASH

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. It's Too Noisy

by , 08-02-2016 at 03:53 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I am becoming progressively less willing to accept noise, and the level of noise around me has been increasing for decades. To a large degree, the noise snuck up; it kept increasing a little bit at a time, and new things, devices, machines, etc. that made more noise were being devised all the time. Often they were more effective than earlier versions, so the noise was acceptable, but it has gotten so bad that I have to yell at the servers in Starbucks, because the machinery behind the counter makes ...