View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Ajigaba!!

Mason made up a magic word, AJIGABA. It's been my very favorite word. He uses this word to stop me from telling him to do something. If he says it with just the right magical flair it works. It cracks me up and I forget what I'm telling him to do. Since Mason has had such great success with this magic word we have all taken to using it. If the kids are fighting I can do a fancy ajigaba and they stop. I think it would work for you, too, but you'd have to master the magical flair delivery. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Disquiet

by , 06-23-2010 at 07:45 AM (Reflections on the puddle of life)
    Disquiet

Sometimes I think I will never leave Rua dos Douradores.
    Once written down, that seems to me like an eternity. ~ Fernando Pessoa

Sometimes I think I will never leave this train.
    Imagine: days, years stretched out like a tube,
    glued to the same blue, geometrically patterned seat,
    hurtling somewhere between Manchester and Chorley.
    Once written down, that seems to me like an eternity.

Seeing the same sea of ...

Updated 06-23-2010 at 01:24 PM by TheFifthElement

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Delayed passport

Updated 09-18-2011 at 11:24 PM by Maryd.

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Seeing Stars with Simon Armitage

by , 06-22-2010 at 05:07 PM (Reflections on the puddle of life)
    Last week I went to a poetry reading. I haven't been to one for a long time, not since the Library closed, and I felt it was about time. Or, more to the point, I felt it was the right poet.

Simon Armitage.

Simon Armitage is a Huddersfield born poet, probably the best poet writing in Britain right now, and he was launching his new collection Seeing Stars at the Chetham's School of Music in Manchester. It's something of an austere setting. Sited in the middle of busy ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Mystery Window

It is probably no surprise, considering we all know how I feel about the weather that I sleep better when it is cold, in fact on windy nights I usually always open up my bedroom window because I love the feel of the cold air as I am going to sleep but for the past few days or so I have not been feeling very well. I am just starting to get more back to normal today.

So on Friday night I was getting ready to go to bed, and it was a windy night out but since I knew that I was coming
    Categories
    Beyond Reality