View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. 2010 Cannes Results

by , 05-23-2010 at 04:34 PM (A Mirror Floating in Water)
    This year at Cannes film festival, Thai film Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives won the Palme d'Or. It was directed by Apichatpong Weerasethakul.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jk-EoUb0nvg

Judging from the trailer it looks like a calm surrealist film shrouded in ambiguity and the supernatural but with a meditative and steady style not dissimilar to Weerasethakul's other work.

The synopsis from Wikipedia: Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. A Walk Through Shymkent

The days get long not being with the comforts of home, not having any TV channels in English, and not knowing a soul in town. Our U.K. friends have gone home now that they have passed their court date, and there is only so much reading one can do. Thank God for the internet. Itís a life line. Today we decided to go to the bazaar. This town was known as a stopping point along the Silk Road (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silk_Road) to China, and the bazaar is the marketplace for local commerce. ...

Updated 08-03-2010 at 02:43 PM by Virgil

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Pride or no Pride?

There is an obvious running theme throughout my blog post, which is gay issues. Well today's blog is no different .

So, I recently had a little conversation with a friend where I got a little uppity about the use of the word faggot. My friend responded that I shouldn't worry about the use of the word because I'm "just gay" and not "one of those faggots." Of course, I asked what the difference was. Apparently, I'm not a faggot because I don't "wear sparkingly ...

Updated 08-13-2010 at 07:58 AM by OrphanPip

Categories
    LGBT Issues
  4. Where is He?

He doesn't talk to you for days,
    even kiss you or embrace.

If he talks, just for a business matter,
    and not because he cares.

I just wonder and ask myself,
    can he live now without me?

He is the man I promised to love,
    and give to him my heart and life,

He is the man who makes me smile,
    and comfort me if I'm blue or sad.

But where is he now, ...

Updated 05-22-2010 at 07:25 AM by jhonerliz

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Moving away

by , 05-21-2010 at 05:41 PM (Exiled in a kilt)
    So I am one week away from being on a plane to dublin (stupid ash cloud permitting) I have sorted everything for the journey and just need to go through my clothes and whittle it down to one case of not more than 20kgs.

I finished work one week ago, and it hit me for the first time how close I was to leaving on monday when I woke up and found I didnt have a job to go into. That was a wierd feeling. I enjoyed my job, it was the best job I have ever had - but I am ecstatic in the knowledge ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized