View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Some days I suck like a baby

by , 05-03-2010 at 12:30 PM (Reflections on the puddle of life)
    Be warned, this is a general moan. There's nothing wrong with me, just venting.

It's Bank Holiday in UK today. Bank Holidays are like a gift: precious, fleeting, and not to be wasted. Not to be spent sitting in cars on motorways, but time to be spent doing something else, something relaxing, something worthwhile, something active, something.

So most of today I've been sitting here doing nothing.

And I've been getting gradually more and more aggitated. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. O banco, o chÃo, o sono e o sonho

O BANCO, O CHÃO, O SONO E O SONHO

El Carmo

Mairi. Quase trezentos quilômetros de Salvador. É verão e o ônibus chega afinal. Meio-dia. Horus, intranqüilo, desce na tranqüila cidade. Curiosos apenas observam pelas janelas. Abram as jinelas belas donzelas.
    Batia Meia-noite. O frio de outono no seu rosto. Folhas, sob os pés, caídas. Gare du Nord. Noite em Paris, primeira.
    Achou a casa do ...
    Categories
  3. winter vacation

by , 05-02-2010 at 04:31 PM (day in a life)
    well I'm officially on a winter vacation from work but that just means exams will start this week and I'll be studying like crazy! I am gonna try and take a break after I pick my son up from school and untill he goes to sleep so he won't be to bothered by it. I have tried to start studying with him watching tv or something and in the end he is annoyed and I feel guilty, so I'm not gonna do it again. I did the math and I need to take 4 classes this summer and 4 at least on each semester to finish ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Bonsai Number 3

by , 05-02-2010 at 01:05 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    Well, I overcame the block by doing a little writing practice (I think some call it free association writing, where you write what your thinking at that moment and just keep writing) I knew what I wanted to do but I wasn’t sure how to bring in the character I needed ((this is the very very very condensed version) situation is little girl meets alien, alien claims to be invisible to all other humans but her (for reasons I won’t specify here, but there is a reason) so I wanted to have the mother come ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Longridge House, 15th June 1996

by , 05-02-2010 at 11:39 AM (Reflections on the puddle of life)
    Hmm, I hesitated to post this due to the events of today in New York, but it's something I've been thinking about for a couple of weeks now, so I'm posting it anyway.

Aunt Shecky posted an interesting theme for the subject poetry contest this month which is as follows (the contest is still open if anyone would like to submit an entry):

change (either temporary or permanent) upon a specific placeand its effect upon a particular individual. (The change should not be
    Categories
    Uncategorized