View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. don't be sad!

by , 07-02-2010 at 03:46 PM (day in a life)
    He is finally out! he moved out yesterday and I have been putting things together here and changing a lot. but I am working this weekend so my son will be with his dad until Sunday... he just picked him up and I just don't want to cry. I got so sad watching walk to his dad's car with his toothbrush and a teddy bear. but I'm not gonna cry! at least not a lot.... I have so much to do that I just need to try and distract myself... I'm gonna be fine

life goes on
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Bach's Goldberg Variations by Andreas Staier

Today a new recording of Bach's Goldberg Variations arrived. This is perhaps my 6th or 7th version of this magnificent work... but then again... one can never have too much Bach. While I tend to prefer Bach's keyboard works played upon the piano (especially when performed by such masterful interpreters as Glenn Gould, Rosalyn Tureck, Angela Hewitt and Murray Perahia) this particular recording, by Andreas Staier on Harmonia Mundi, is played on the harpsichord. This is surely one of the finest harpsichord ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Forum Fun

by , 07-01-2010 at 03:48 PM (Pandora Astronomical)
    Thanks to the Dear Logos (Allah Almighty Bless Her) I was able to find out two things that are prerequisites if you want a blog in the Literature network (before that I was losing my mind as it was not written anywhere, not even in Google Search, how I can get one):

• You must have at least 10 posts and be a member for a month to gain blog control.
      • You need to have 50 posts if you have not been a member for a month (like moi) to gain blog control.

Well, I played Forum ...

Updated 07-01-2010 at 06:37 PM by Astromaxis

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. The Court Hearing

Someone up there is looking out for us.

We had our court date today. Let me tell you, that some of these are not easy.

None of that happened. We actually started early. We were scheduled for 10:30. We got there at ten, ushered in, and shown to a four floor office of the judges by a quarter after. They told us the court room was being used and so we would have the hearing in the judge’s chambers. Mind you, our translator showed up late, and so we did not even ...

Updated 08-03-2010 at 02:35 PM by Virgil

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. The Gospel According to Skeeter (Book I)

This is
    a collection
    of some
    of my
    poems
    that deal with
    homelessness:
    "...You, stumbling dumb
    At night, as pale stars break,
    Lift your thin hands for some
    Hope, and suffer, and wake..."

Herman Hesse from Lonesome Night