View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Is it All a Simulation?

by , 07-25-2020 at 10:13 AM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    The concept of reality being a computer simulation has been popular for some time, and I understand that is the hook in The Matrix, which I have never seen. One of the earliest serious consideration of the concept was Bostrom’s paper in 2001 (link below).

Bostrom’s concept runs into trouble with Occam’s Razor; it introduces a complication that is unnecessary. I have never seen the point of creating a huge simulation, when it would be easier to simply go and take a look. Bostrom ...
  2. Dark Matter or Aether

by , 04-15-2015 at 06:47 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I saw another article about dark matter a while ago, and it reminded me of how much like luminiferous aether (or just Aether) this dark matter is. It was assumed for a very long time that there was something in space that filled it and was a medium through which light travelled. The Lorenz Transformations that Einstein used to come up with e=mc2 were derived by Lorenz from Maxwell's electromagnetism theory at a time when it was assumed that Aether did exists. While Einstein insisted that Aether ...
  3. More Conspiracies Slain

by , 01-02-2015 at 04:33 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    There is another question here. Why don’t people use the simple tools of logic to determine the validity of conspiracy theories? Occam’s Razor (link below) is well suited for determining whether an argument is valid. Fundamentally, Occam’s Razor states that the simplest explanation probably is the most accurate one. Let’s see what happens when we apply the Razor to some conspiracy theories.

The JFK Assassination is a problem, until we apply Occam’s Razor. “Entities must not be multiplied ...