View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. The End is Near

by , 09-30-2020 at 02:23 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I had expected Trump’s re-election campaign to die from major illness on his part. I thought it would be physical illness, but it seems that moral and psychological illness is the reason. It was in this the last week of September, and there were two major components to Trump's demise: the report of his federal income tax return hurt him, but Trump scoffed it as fake news, even though we had already known the information in general, but the details filled in a lot of the details, even though the ...

Updated 09-30-2020 at 10:29 PM by PeterL

Tags: biden, drop out, trump
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. The Exciting Case of the Exploding Egg

by , 09-27-2020 at 03:41 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    Be thankful I didn't put EGG-citing and EGG-sploding. I did consider it.

So. It's colder now. Summer is over and Autumn is here. Time to snuggle in jumpers and extra blankets but not yet cold enough for all out central heating and winter bedding. Not just yet.
    When it gets colder I like to wrap up in blankets (I have a problem. For the past 3 Winters I've collected a blanket or two and/or snuggly cushions each year. I have enough now that I needn't succumb to that temptation ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Using poor Logic

by , 09-19-2020 at 05:41 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I have decried logical fallacies more times than I should have, but I still see people trying to win arguments with fallacies. I didn't learn logic in elementary school, only grammar, which is the logical structure of language, but I got the basics in high school, and I got even more in college, but I made the mistake of not taking a course in logic; I took Ethics instead, and it was amusing.

This isn't my favorite topic, but it can be useful, and today I shot down comments by an ...
  4. It's Happening Again

by , 09-16-2020 at 01:51 AM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    Now then. I have some feelings to get out so here we are again. I've had it for 2-3 days so I've already gone over it with myself several times but it does bring up a bigger issue that I can't do anything about and have already covered in previous entries probably several times by now so we'll see how we go. I have some calming background music so let's see if that helps me at all. My hope is it will somehow keep me calm and concise. Big ask for me.
    So. To rehash some things you already know ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Mortality

by , 09-09-2020 at 01:04 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Recently, someone wondered how people feel about mortality. I have written about that in the past, so I mostly just referred to those, but there a few parts of the question that I think deserve a little more consideration. One thing is that it is sometimes said that people start dying immediately after birth. I disagree with that, and I think that many medical experts would also disagree. Humans continue to develop after birth, and cells are replaced as long as people are healthy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast