View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Inflation Policy

by , 04-27-2022 at 10:38 AM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I saw a letter to the Editor in the Daily Hampshire Gazette that asserted that present inflation was a result of Biden’s policies. That is a false accusation. There has been inflation at substantial levels for several decades, and it has been a deliberate policy of the U.S. government. The inflation policy was established to ensure that the government could make money by selling long term bonds.

Bonds are sold by the Treasury Department with a fixed interest payment, and the actual ...
  2. Poetry on the Divide

In honor of Earth Day we had a poetry reading for the community. Very sparse turnout but it was my first time in front of a microphone reciting poetry outdoors - so all good... the only butterflies were the ones flitting about in the abundant sunshine just before noon. We had three poets from our little group, including myself, and one from a sister group from a community across the South Fork of the American River.

Afterwards we poets journeyed down the hill from the amphitheater
  3. She's Back

by , 04-22-2022 at 07:57 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    Well She survived the surgery. Now she needs to survive the recovery.
    I was semi-violently gardening yesterday and got scratched up pretty good by thorns. The climbing rose has been out of control for a few years but it was too hard to cut back. But the neighbors have cut back their plants that it was tangled in so now i can have a go at it. I did it yesterday because I wouldn't want to do it after today if it didn't go well. And it needs to be done because it's affecting the house. I felt ...

Updated 04-23-2022 at 09:08 PM by Bluebiird

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. One Way or Another

by , 04-21-2022 at 07:54 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    So tomorrow's the surgery.
    But before that I never told you how it ended.
    Yes. I did have covid too. I mean it was pretty obvious but it is ever so slightly possible that I might have just had a bad cold while Mum did have covid but highly unlikely. I did a test a couple of days after mum went back to work. I was feeling better but not normal yet and I mostly did a test because I wanted to have it confirmed. A faint but still existent line. So yeah. I did also have covid. about two ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. The Best Irish Band I've ever heard (Maybe. . . )

But by far the best Martin Wynne's/Reels I know of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnvgqxwz_VA
    Categories
    Uncategorized