View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. what I'm reading

"Fine Lines" by Blackwell and Johnson (a gift)
    Categories
  2. To kill even one innocent person is akin to killing all of mankind

by , 04-11-2016 at 09:39 AM (The Promised Revival -- To Bring Faith Back Even If It Had Gone To Pleiades (i.e. weakened).)
    Peace be on you.
    Under no circumstances does Islam permit terrorism of any kind or the murder of innocent people. In fact, the Holy Quran has said that to kill even one innocent person is akin to killing all of mankind. Therefore, those who commit such atrocities in the name of Islam can never find any justification. They are defaming Islam and destroying the peace of the world.
    http://www.khalifaofislam.com/press-...-attacks-2016/

Updated 04-11-2016 at 09:42 AM by YALASH

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. They Say Bad Things Come in Threes?

by , 04-11-2016 at 01:43 AM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    So. Um. Where to begin? I have a bunch of stuff I’ve been promising to write up since October and there have been noteworthy recent events. So which do I pick. The more recent should have more detail but it’d be nice to clear my backlog.
    Well. In recent news.
    I’m now 28. So close to thirty that’s it’s actually kind of scary.
    I have Microsoft Office Home and Student which only comes with four things which I much prefer to the six things from the trial. When am I ever going to ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Facts in Fiction

by , 04-09-2016 at 07:42 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Some writers of fiction are fastidious about the information they write, while others realize that fiction means that something was made up. If you know what sort of writer you are reading, then you can learn a lot from reading fiction.

A good example of the fastidious type is the late, great Kenneth L. Roberts, who wrote such great novels as ARUNDEL, RABBLE IN ARMS, CAPTAIN CAUTION, and others. I have read that the description of the Battle of Valcour Island that he wrote in Rabble ...
  5. finishing off my 14th book of poetry

"Umber Apostle"... which includes some short short stories as well.
    Categories