View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. This Changes Everything And Nothing

by , Yesterday at 10:17 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    Sorry to post two days in a row but I can't sit on this. I think I've mostly settled it all in my mind but I still feel off. Kind of betrayed but not really. I feel like I've been lied to but I haven't. I just wasn't told. And in the end it doesn't actually change anything.

My dad called to update us. It looks like some cancer has moved to his bladder and spine but it's alright. Well It's not. No it's fine because it could be worse because it's not effecting the nerves and stuff. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. -part 2 because i don't have a better title-

by , 09-14-2021 at 10:19 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    So he was trying to get along.

-CONTINUED FROM PART 1-

I've been trying to knit a tricky blanket (I didn't do a project last month so I want to get one done this month) so I've been staying up later trying to fix mistakes and such (it really is tricky) so 10am for example. About 10:30 we had a call. That's been happening a lot lately. We keep getting calls from numbers based in India claiming to be from an internet service provider (not mine) about problems. The first ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. ...I Don't Know What I Want

by , 09-14-2021 at 10:18 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    Now then where to begin?

I wondered about writing earlier but it's too much effort. Ha.Ha. Effort. You don't know the meaning of the word. I do but I get your point. This month so far and the one before have gotten away from me a bit and to be honest I just couldn't be bothered to clear the way to mu keyboard and then spend 3 hours typing up a rambling entry without an automated spellchecker to post a blog entry in 2-3 parts. But anyway.

I've finally had my eye test ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Science Lies

by , 09-05-2021 at 05:03 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Mark Twain — 'A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.'

I think I should blame the popular press, but there may be blame for the education industry also. Within the last few days, two different people tried to “correct” a piece of science that I mentioned, but they were wrong, and my fact was the real fact.

The first time was with respect to “climate change”. The claimer insisted that the popular delusion that climate change ...

Updated 09-05-2021 at 09:43 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Politician showing Courage

by , 08-30-2021 at 08:23 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    We all know that politicians usually regard their profession as the art of doing what is most likely. There are exceptions, but Trump was an outlier. Biden, oddly enough, is another outlier, but he lies outside the norm in a different direction. Most U.S. Presidents seek first to help themselves and their adherents. George W. Bush sought to help his pals in the oil and gas industry with the war in Iraq, and some say that there were plans for a pipeline through Afghanistan, but that is irrelevant, ...

Updated 08-30-2021 at 08:44 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized