View RSS Feed

title

description

1. She's gone...

An update to my previous blog entry...I found out a few hours ago that Mrs E has passed away. The wake is on Monday because apparently there are some issues about services and cremation and so on.
    Categories
  2. Mrs E

It never rains but it pours, right?

My best friend of 27 years is going through a difficult time right now. Her mother (Mrs E) has been having health problems since February and she is now receiving hospice care...and is not expected to live much longer. I have been hanging out with my friend babysitting and helping around the house as she doesn't get much support or help from her husband.

It's hard because of course I have known her mother for 27 years ...
    Categories
  3. Dazed and Confused

Hitting your head against your windshield is not a fun thing to do, so heads up on that kids. Car accidents when you 99.9 percent of the time wear your seat belt and the .1 % of the time when you don't and you whack your head....not fun. So buckle up and stay safe....unlike yours truly.

Yes, in a silly awkward way....I am saying I have been afk for several days now recuperating from being a silly person. Well, the car accident wasn't my fault but forgetting to buckle up ...
    Categories
  4. Breaking up...

So...yea. Breaking up. I think it's time to break it off with my boyfriend. I simply cannot not be around someone who drinks, knows they have a problem but refuses to get help and refuses to even think about quitting drinking. There is nothing I can do anymore and I hate it.

Big HUGE fight earlier, he tried wrestling me to get my car keys and I punched him in the face. One of those "we've reached the point of no return" moments. He took a taxi to a friend's house so I guess ...
    Categories
  5. EuphemisticallyYours

Euphemism is defined thusly:
    The act or an example of substituting a mild, indirect, or vague term for one considered harsh, blunt, or offensive: “Euphemisms such as ‘slumber room’ . . . abound in the funeral business” (Jessica Mitford).

[Greek euphēmismos, from euphēmizein, to use auspicious words, from euphēmiā, use of auspicious words : eu-, eu- + phēmē, speech.]
    It seems euphemisms can be used in various ways...to gloss over unpleasantness, to soften one's ...
    Categories
Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast